Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Member Projects (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/member-projects/)
-   -   Spring 2012 project- FIRST POLL (participants only!) (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/member-projects/58522-spring-2012-project-poll-participants.html)

camille1585 04-04-2012 02:25 PM

Spring 2012 project- FIRST POLL (participants only!)

The moment you've all been waiting for, it's time to VOTE!!

Please, only vote if you have signed up for the project. If you did not, your vote will not be counted! If you can't remember if you are on the list, check here: http://www.orchidboard.com/community...up-thread.html

In this first poll, pick FIVE orchids only.

The poll will be open 1 week, until the evening of Weds. April 11th. That way people who are away over the long Easter weekend have plenty of time to vote. And I will be away under the 11th anyway, with no internet.

Once we have the results, we will contact vendors to find out how many they have in stock. If one/several of the top 5 are not available in sufficient amounts then we'll move down to the following plant on the list. Then we'll vote for our favorite in the final list of 5 plants.

(For those of you reading this as soon as I posted and wonder where the poll is, it's coming! It can only be created after posting the thread)

The photos of each plant:

Aerangis biloba IOSPE PHOTOS

Angraecum didieri IOSPE PHOTOS

Aerangis fastuosa IOSPE PHOTOS

Aspasia lunata IOSPE PHOTOS

Bulbophyllum ambrosia IOSPE PHOTOS

Bulbophyllum lasiochilum IOSPE PHOTOS

Bulbophyllum lobbii (and related B.sumatranum) IOSPE PHOTOS

Cattleya (Laelia) lundii IOSPE PHOTOS

Ceratostylis rubra (retisquama) IOSPE PHOTOS

Dendrobium lawesii IOSPE PHOTOS

Dendrobium moniliforme IOSPE PHOTOS

Jumellea comorensis IOSPE PHOTOS

Leptotes bicolor IOSPE PHOTOS

Maxillaria cucullata IOSPE PHOTOS

Paphiopedilum delenatii IOSPE PHOTOS

Paphiopedilum purpuratum IOSPE PHOTOS

Phalaenopsis mannii IOSPE PHOTOS

Phalaenopsis cernu-cervi IOSPE PHOTOS

Phalaenopsis parishii IOSPE PHOTOS

Phalaenopsis(Kingidium) decumens(deliciosa) IOSPE PHOTOS

Podangis dactyloceras IOSPE PHOTOS

Prosthechea (Encyclia) cochleata IOSPE PHOTOS

Rhyncholaelia (Brassavola) glauca IOSPE PHOTOS

Sophronitis cernua IOSPE PHOTOS

kavanaru 04-04-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camille1585 (Post 484935)
(For those of you reading this as soon as I posted and wonder where the poll is, it's coming! It can only be created after posting the thread)

:rofl: you got me! :blushing:

camille1585 04-04-2012 02:58 PM

NOW you can vote!! ;)

shadytrake 04-04-2012 02:59 PM

Well that was the easiest 5 votes I've ever had.

I only had to strike lawesii because I have one (though I might get a 2nd as a TC).

Rowangreen 04-04-2012 03:06 PM

I think I'm going to wait a bit before voting! Not an easy choice for me!

camille1585 04-04-2012 03:13 PM

It was easy for me. Since I did all the work on the project I got to know the plants quite well, and started to decide long ago! It also helps that I already have 7 of the plants on the list.

kavanaru 04-04-2012 03:18 PM

:biggrin: thanks a lot for all the work, Camille! :bowing

It was easy for me to vote for my "top 5" as well...

gnathaniel 04-04-2012 03:21 PM

What a great list to pick from, you lucky projecteers (projectors?)! *Almost* makes me wish I had signed up this time. By my count I have 11 or 12 of these already, and as I just found out I'll be moving for school this summer I should really stop buying more plants... :blushing:

--Nat

Rowangreen 04-04-2012 03:28 PM

LOL Camille. I won't be voting for Prosthecea cochleata on that basis.

Think I won't vote for either of the dens... both nice, but I'd decided which varieties I liked (red lawessii, variageted leafed moniliforme) but it looks like they are not currently available in Europe.

That still leaves me with too many I wouldn't mind!

Call_Me_Bob 04-04-2012 03:42 PM

My top 4 were easy to decide, but I have about 4 plants lined up for the 5th choice!! Uh oh!