Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Miniatures Show & Tell (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/miniatures-show-and-tell/)
-   -   Den. moniliforme purchases (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/miniatures-show-and-tell/58180-den-moniliforme-purchases.html)

shadytrake 03-26-2012 01:10 AM

Den. moniliforme purchases

6 Attachment(s)
Dr. Lehr from New World Orchids gave us a tour of Japan orchids today and I decided to take a few home.

Here they are.

Den. ?Tan Cho Zuru? (this one needs further translation - see the ID forum) Nice variegated leaves.

Den. moniliforme Ginsetsu (this one will bloom white with a green throat).

Den. moniliforme Kougetsu (this one will bloom yellow).

Den. moniliforme Benibotan (this one will bloom bright red in a tulip shape).

Den. moniliforme Yumedono (this one will bloom light pink with an orange throat).

Sophronitella violacea (it is a mini for sure - the link to the bloom makes it look large).

IOSPE PHOTOS

MAli 03-26-2012 01:17 AM

Congrats on your new purchases :)

Nice score. Were they expensive ?

shadytrake 03-26-2012 01:34 AM

Here is his website and the prices are listed.

I pre-ordered so I saved on shipping and he gave a small discount for the pre-order too so that was very nice.

New World Orchids Dendrobium moniliforme

MAli 03-26-2012 01:41 AM

Thanks for the link :D

RJSquirrel 03-26-2012 06:28 AM

Im coveting his collection of 4n Sophrinitis coccineas. Still. and Yet still ;). I dont want to spend 50 bucks on a plant just to see if I can kill it before the charge comes in on the CC.

the "mounted seedling" from one of all your favorite vendors was about the size of a hair follicle. I needed a 40x glass just to see it. Lasted a few days before it dried out and shriveled up..I should have just rolled that 20 dollar bill up and smoked it.

Good looking dends there :)

stefpix 03-26-2012 06:10 PM

RJsquirrel, what vendor do you refer to? I suspect is one that also sells on ebay and has nice species but they look like they belong to a flask more than to a pot.

anyway i saves some seedlings by putting inside a jar with lid like this
SLOM Jar with lid - 17 oz - IKEA

(a bit taller) amd some sphag and chips / leca in it.

I add some peroxide to keep it free of molds.

I had a small Bulbophyllum in it that was dying and now it has new growth. I keep it sealed for days.

I have a larger one where i put a Ficus religiosa seedling and a leafless 3" broken piece of vanilla orchid and a similiar piece of Ludisia discolor and they are all growing new roots and leaves.

it could probably work with too small seedlings.

Anyway did not mean to highjack the thread. Sophronitella violacea seems great!

bballr4567 03-26-2012 06:52 PM

How the heck do you order? Do you just email them?

I love the moniliforme Ginsetsu and moniliforme Benibotan.

I want to get a Dend so bad. Its weird that I just love the look of the leafless canes. Just beautiful to me.

shadytrake 03-26-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballr4567 (Post 482253)
How the heck do you order? Do you just email them?

I love the moniliforme Ginsetsu and moniliforme Benibotan.

I want to get a Dend so bad. Its weird that I just love the look of the leafless canes. Just beautiful to me.

Just send him an email. Dr Lehr is really nice.

Wjs2nd 03-27-2012 08:47 AM

Very nice! Those are beautiful Dens you have. I'm going to order from Dr. Lehr in a few months. I need to let my orchid fund build up.

RJSquirrel 03-30-2012 09:49 PM

he has a new 2012 price list out also I trust you all got it? ouch