Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Cattleya Alliance (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/cattleya-alliance/)
-   -   Lc. Mildred Rives 'Orchidglade' FCC/AOS (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/cattleya-alliance/5732-lc-mildred-rives-orchidglade-fcc-aos.html)

Rosim_in_BR 09-03-2007 10:21 AM

Lc. Mildred Rives 'Orchidglade' FCC/AOS

A lady in its 30’s, this cross still fills the eyes. It is a mix of seven species, but it is mostly Cat. Mossiae and Cat. trianae, both responsible for 66% of the genetic background. Curiously, this beautiful, huge semi-alba remained forgotten by the hybridizers for 20 years (only 15 crosses using it as of 1995) and then, in the last ten years or so, more than 40 new crosses with it as one of the parents.
The clone ‘Orchidglade’ was first awarded an HCC/AOS in 1983 and as recently as 2005 has received an FCC/AOS award scoring 91 points. An FCC now only confirms that this flower excellence stands unsurpassed.

cb977 09-03-2007 10:29 AM

Another beauty!

I would just LOVE to see your entire collection!!! :drool:
In person, of course ;)

Dorothy 09-03-2007 10:58 AM

:shock: Nice one! :clap:

Frdemetr 09-03-2007 11:02 AM

Mauro,
It's beautiful, for sure. But (thinking in hybrid s/a) my heart beats fast when I look the Lc Melody Fair "Carol" in the Orchid Shows. Unfortunately this specific clone is hard to find, Suzuki has the clones "Mishima" and "Taída" to sell, and I mail him (without answer) about "Carol".
Another great s/a is Lc Mikkie Nagata "Orchidlibrary", and this one is easy to find!

PS: Alex from Suzuki aswered my mail just now, they don't have (and will not have soon) the clone "Carol":(

slipperfreak 09-03-2007 12:34 PM

That is absolutely gorgeous! There are so many amazing pics of Catts on this site, I think I'll sacrifice some of my slipper space for one.

Toddybear 09-03-2007 06:24 PM

Indeed a stunning hybrid!

Rosim_in_BR 09-04-2007 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frdemetr (Post 52411)
Another great s/a is Lc Mikkie Nagata "Orchidlibrary", and this one is easy to find!

PS: Alex from Suzuki aswered my mail just now, they don't have (and will not have soon) the clone "Carol":(

I like Melody Fair, too Frederico (I grow the clone ‘Sun #2’, but think ‘Sun #8’ is better). I also grow Mikkie Nagata, also a beautiful flower. However, if you are a breeder interested in breeding pure semi-albas, you must be careful with Melody Fair because genetically speaking is a false semi-alba (one of its parents is the lavender Cattleya Horace).
As for the clone ‘Carol’, please talk to Sérgio Englert at Ricsel Orchids in Rio Grande do Sul. He has this clone to sell. Here’s a link to his site ::: RICSEL - Orquídeas e Bromélias :::

cupcake 09-04-2007 12:44 PM

:drool: :drool: If only I had the conditions to grow this! SO beautiful!

smartie2000 09-04-2007 01:10 PM

so perfect!

Rosim_in_BR 09-04-2007 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupcake (Post 52549)
:drool: :drool: If only I had the conditions to grow this! SO beautiful!

Judi, I see in your orchid list that you grow Phals and Dends, so I believe that you can grow some Catts too. Maybe you can give this a try!