Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Orchid Lounge (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-lounge/)
-   -   Support Store Ideas (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-lounge/5635-support-store-ideas.html)

Marty 08-27-2007 09:47 AM

Support Store Ideas

I need some ideas from you guys of things you'd like to see in our support store. I'm still coming in short on hosting costs for the forum. I'd like to open up a store that will be attached to the forum, where everyone will be able to purchase calendars, t-shirts, mugs, mouse pads, etc.

I'm drawing a blank and would like to see your input on what kind of things you'd like to see on your t-shirts, hats, etc

Put ideas into this thread

ie... "Phrag You Too!" on a t-shirt :biggrin:

let's do some brain storming here :idea:

I was graciously allowed to use some of the photos from the calendars in the OB store. I very much appreciate that!

flhiker 08-27-2007 10:17 AM

Great Idea Marty, although I didn't even know that there was a OB store! I will definitely give it alot of thought. By all means you have my permission to use any picture I have posted or in my gallery. I do think it would be nice to use members photos, comments or stories. Maybe if any member may win a award could be featured. I can see I need to spend more time on this.

Marty 08-27-2007 10:29 AM

There isn't one yet... working on it :) Thanks Dave! Looking forward to your input.

Ross 08-27-2007 01:02 PM

How about some sort of saleable publication that is a compendium of member articles?

Also I collect ball caps, so maybe some with the orchid board logo? Stiched is the best style.

How about a recipe book from the connasieurs corner? Could do it similar to calendar with a vote. Winner gets a free book.

Mouse pads are nice, but no one would see it but me. I'm trying to think of things that might advertize the board and start conversations. Something like T-shirts.

How about small pocket calendars or "planner"? Maybe with miniatures of the calendar photos?

Dorothy 08-27-2007 01:28 PM

I can always use a pocket calendar planner - I get one every year ! Great Idea!
Refrigerator magnets! The soft kind - Maybe a variety of 9 or so - representing the different alliances - sold in lots of 3 - with the logo and a member's orchid photo.
Uh oh I see more polls in the future .. :coverlaugh:
Pens, sticky paper notepads, a work apron ...
Brain storming to continue - more ideas to come :)

Marty 08-27-2007 02:03 PM

Hm... all good ideas. I'm looking specifically what to put on the products.... Just photos of orchids is kind of borring.

Dorothy 08-27-2007 03:20 PM

:scratchhead:
Orchids? Boring?
Ya think? :angry:

Marty 08-27-2007 05:01 PM

not in the sense of boring, boring, but sort of overdone... however, we do need to have a few of them :)

Ross 08-27-2007 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty (Post 51676)
Hm... all good ideas. I'm looking specifically what to put on the products.... Just photos of orchids is kind of borring.

I'm more thinking Orchid Board logos! Photos is OK for some things, but I personally prefer the Orchid Board logo on cups, caps, etc. And add WWW.ORCHIDBOARD.COM as part of the artwork :biggrin: :evil:

Marty 08-27-2007 06:14 PM

Yes, I'll have logos, but we can do better then logos :)