Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Orchid Lounge (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-lounge/)
-   -   Just personal info (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-lounge/56082-personal-info.html)

Daethen 01-11-2012 12:33 PM

Just personal info

Just asking for some prayers for my son. He is going in for his 12th or 13th surgery tomorrow. He had his hips reconstructed last year and has to go in to have the metal plates and screws removed. A little extra prayer never hurts.

ronaldhanko 01-11-2012 02:39 PM

We'll be thinking of him and praying for him, Jonada. Hope all goes well.

bellini girl 01-11-2012 04:27 PM

Good luck, hope every thing goes well. I will keep both of you in my prayers

Daethen 01-11-2012 04:47 PM

Thanks, it means a lot that you guys are thinking of us.

Cavs n' Orchids 01-11-2012 05:16 PM

Will be praying for you! Hopefully all goes well and he feels much better after his surgery. Stay strong for him and for yourself! People often take for granted how hard it is for a parent to watch their child go through surgery or to be suffering and not able to help them, and I can say from experience, it is torture. My 6 year old son became extemely ill last (2010) christmas and in a week lost 33% of his body mass. We rushed him in to emergency and after 10 hours of tests in critical care found out he has type 1 diabetes. Something we totally took for granted and didnt realize just how serious it can be. It was a nightmare and I really feel for you! I think the hardest part of parenting is when something is wrong and there is nothing we can personally do.

ezil 01-11-2012 05:23 PM

Hopefully he'll make a full recovery soon. He and you must be quite the troopers, having to go through so much. I wish you both strength, please keep us updated about his progress.

Daethen 01-11-2012 05:39 PM

Thank you both for your kind words. He is a real trooper. He has cerebral palsy and most of this stems from that. He had his first surgery shortly before his first birthday.

It is very hard on the parents. It is worse to be helpless in this type of situation than to be helpless because you are the one being operated on. The prayers and kind words truly do help to keep me strong.

silken 01-11-2012 09:19 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and him. Kids are such troopers. We just spent the last 1 1/2 years watching our then 4 1/2 year old nephew battle stage 4 neuroblastoma cancer. After chemo, radiation, stem cell therapy, immunotherapy and set backs such as shingles last Christmas, he is an active cancer free kid in grade 1 :) :) So miracles do happen and I wish and pray for a miracle for your family.

Daethen 01-11-2012 09:39 PM

Thank you for that, Silken. Great story with an even better ending.

Daethen 01-12-2012 04:23 PM

Just to give you all an update, Chanse is through surgery and we are home safe. It was very snowy and still is here but we made it and all is on the recovery road now. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.