Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Propagation (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/propagation/)
-   -   Where buy orchid seeds (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/propagation/5251-buy-orchid-seeds.html)

Odinson 08-01-2007 11:34 AM

Where buy orchid seeds

Hi, where can I buy orchid seeds in internet?
I live in Argentina.
Thank you in advance
Regards

Mario

Djarum Black 08-01-2007 11:55 AM

Hi Odinson,

I get some of my orchid seed from here. OSP
Mr. Hicks says he ships internationally, so it might work for you.
I hope this helps! :D

Odinson 08-01-2007 12:11 PM

Thak you DJ!!!!
I wrote to him but never answer.
Regards

Becca 08-01-2007 12:31 PM

I should post this under the vendor review section as well, but there is a particular seller by the user name turinna on eBay who has upset several people and is selling seeds but not delivering or selling fake seeds. I tried to leave a negative feedback but the user is no longer registered, but is still selling seeds. Good thing I only lost a few bucks, unlike others!

Djarum Black 08-01-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odinson (Post 47562)
Thak you DJ!!!!
I wrote to him but never answer.
Regards

Hi again :)

Maybe try again and make sure you do not have any spam filters on your email set to block mail. Some filters are set to block email from certain places.
Keeping trying because I know the business they do at OSP is very professional and would not ignore you on purpose.
I wish you luck :D

Odinson 08-01-2007 05:43 PM

Thanks DJ. I'll keep trying.
Hi RPfeiffer, I bought turinna (Erdinc Dogan) for about u$s 100, and never send me the seeds. It's a complete fraud.
Regards.

Mario

Becca 08-01-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odinson (Post 47623)
Thanks DJ. I'll keep trying.
Hi RPfeiffer, I bought turinna (Erdinc Dogan) for about u$s 100, and never send me the seeds. It's a complete fraud.
Regards.

Mario

I am really sorry to hear that Mario! I would file a claim! I am very lucky I only bought the minimum amount of seeds since I didn't realize how many seeds I was purchasing until after I started talking to the person who was going to flask them for me. Now I have just added that particular orchid to my wish list, although I haven't had any luck to finding it...but that is okay for now since I don't have additional room.

wil 10-18-2007 10:11 AM

new 70 year old kid on the orchid block. i really enjoy this site!

i have a question:
where can i get mini cattaleya seed?
i've got my flask ready for my first try at flasking,
but i can't find seed.

thanks,
wil (sc)

Djarum Black 10-18-2007 12:41 PM

Hi Wil,

Try this site OSP
There is many types of orchid seed listed for sale there, only species though.
Hope this helps :D

Royal 02-28-2008 03:51 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I had to chime in. Maybe this will help

I have received several shipments of media, tools, and seed from the Orchid Seedbank Project. Everything has come quickly, and everything was cheap. Mr. Hicks is legitimate, just very busy I'm sure. (the site is also a little glitchy, but I used the paypal method though the site with no problems.)

Just keep OSP in mind when you collect any good or rare seed.:D