Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Contests & Polls (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/contests-and-polls/)
-   -   What best fits your habits? (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/contests-and-polls/52005-fits-habits.html)

flhiker 08-11-2011 12:04 AM

What best fits your habits?

How often do you check on your orchids?

Call_Me_Bob 08-11-2011 12:23 AM

usually once a day for me. sometimes twice. even more if i have things blooming

FairyInTheFlowers 08-11-2011 12:35 AM

Where's the option for at LEAST a hundred times a day? :D

Kimbubbley 08-11-2011 04:37 AM

LOL! every 5minutes, and then tell them hurry up and grow as they haven't changed since the last 5 minutes I looked :D then I check OB and see who elses had grown since the last 5minutes I looked there! :) and mostly someone will have a new bloom pic... So then I have to go look at mine again incase something changed while I was admiring urs! :D I think I have OCD... Orchid Compulsive Disorder!! :rofl:

cday2inflorida 08-11-2011 06:38 AM

With the amount of rain we have had, I check often for any type of fungal or bacterial attack.
No rain...I check often for thrips.

RJSquirrel 08-11-2011 06:55 AM

I like to look anyway so I check all the time for bugs and things that dont look right. Soft brown rot can eat a whole plant in one night. You got to always be on the lookout for odd things happenings

Lagoon 08-11-2011 08:11 AM

I'm not sure on how to round myself, some days I check 1x per day, Some days I don't check at all. Although everyone of them will be checked during waterings.

New plants will be checked a couple of times per day for atlease a month, don't need uninvited guests.
So I guess it changes for me during the year, depending on what I'm doing.

Gee I never even really thought about this.

Interesting poll - I really had to think about this :)

sii 08-11-2011 08:33 AM

I do check WAY to much. Then I check the OB, and then back to the 'chids.

Yup, gotta step away from the orchids and let them do their thing. :)

Gage 08-11-2011 09:30 AM

I check every morning when I water bare root plants, and every night at some point.

WhiteRabbit 08-11-2011 02:46 PM

hehe - good idea for a poll ;)

I voted 3-4 xs a week, tho it depends on the plants, the season, the weather
This time of year, some need water every day or every couple of days, so they get checked that often - the ones that need less watering get checked every 2-4 days.
In winter, the outside ones get a bit neglected - I check them about once a week

Catt alliance with sheaths, but no buds yet, get checked daily for signs of buds ;) Plants I am anticipating spikes on get checked pretty often too ;)

Plants with blooms get admired as often as possible! :D