Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Orchid Lounge (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-lounge/)
-   -   Ahhh...love the misting system (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-lounge/45885-ahhh-love-misting-system.html)

cb977 04-19-2011 03:02 PM

Ahhh...love the misting system

Hi everybody :waving:

Thought I'd share a video of the system which was designed by Marty ( MistKing Misting Systems by Jungle Hobbies Ltd ) for my orchid room. It's such a pleasure to have it available. Most of the time, I hand water because I enjoy looking closely at the chids for signs of problems. On days that I'm not up to doing that amount of work, it's SO nice to know that I can fill the reservoir and hit a switch for 3/4 of the collection to get watered. I still hand water all the stuff around the lanai but if I wanted to, I could add nozzles out there too...the pump is certainly strong enough for it.

Another thanks to Marty for helping me figure out what I needed :clap:

YouTube - Love my MistKing misting system!

nenella 04-19-2011 03:53 PM

Very Cool Sue! :cloud9:
One day... I'll be able to have a lanai in our house.. which we don't live in as we move alot..so always renting.
Thanks again

Tindomul 04-19-2011 04:42 PM

Very very nice! I love Mistking! I use it in a few of my terrariums. The misting produces amazing results, I think your gonna love it. I have actually thought about having a smaller version of what you have in my living room. I think however that my downstairs neighbors will not appreciate the water from my apartment ruining their ceiling.

RosieC 04-20-2011 11:33 AM

Cool!

I plan to get a Mistking system when I finally get my greenhouse layout fixed. I've already chatted to Marty about it and he's sure we can do something (for those that don't know he has a European distributor)... I just need to get my propper benches sorted out there first.

cb977 04-20-2011 09:12 PM

Hi Nenella :waving ...thanks :)

Tin... :rofl:

Rosie...you will LOVE it when you get it set up!

It's really a nice system and a big BY THE WAY...the loud noise you hear in the video is my pool pump, it's NOT the misting sytem pump...that one is barely noticeable! LOL :)

Vanda lover 04-20-2011 09:16 PM

What a great system, and also, what a wonderful room! I envy you!

cb977 04-20-2011 09:25 PM

Thank you, no envy, please ;)
I'm a very lucky woman :)

johnblagg 04-20-2011 09:41 PM

ok now I know what my next investment has to be ...lol for outside this summer way cool ...I have the pump I have 8 nozzels ....I need a good timer for it the generic kind from home depo just dont seem like what I need for it.....But hmmmm thinking on that I have a four valve manifold I made for a yard irrigation system and the timer for that on hand .....

mollycart1 04-20-2011 10:09 PM

Very nice. Love it.

I bet you can take a shower with your plants...... No? :rofl:

Lorraine 04-20-2011 10:55 PM

Nice design Suzanne. Looks like you will be keeping your chids very happy :D