Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Orchid Lounge (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-lounge/)
-   -   ....and Maria FINALLY orders her dream orchid!!!! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-lounge/44207-maria-finally-dream-orchid.html)

peeweelovesbooks 02-28-2011 05:32 PM

....and Maria FINALLY orders her dream orchid!!!!

Ha!!!

Ok.

STOP. THE. PRESSES. :)

I've been growing Laelias for a bit now. They aren't dying. I think I can grow them. :)

I've wanted this orchid FOR THE LONGEST TIME. I've lusted after it like ummmmmmmmmmm I dunno.....like Samson lusted after Delilah...like Catwoman lusted after Batman....like .......... Lanus after his blanket........well..you get the idea. I've wanted it for a long time!!!

So. I'm getting it. Next month. The Super Laelia. The Laelia TO END ALL LAELIAS. The UBERLAELIA. The alpha and the omega. :rofl:

Behold the beauty!

Laelia anceps 'SanBar Guerrero', AM/AOS at Santa Barbara Orchid Estate

:bowing:bowing:bowing:bowing:bowing:bowing:bowing

Angurek 02-28-2011 05:49 PM

SBOE has made a lot of money off of you in the past year, haven't they? :rofl:

It's a beautiful plant. The colors on the blooms are fantastic. :)

But I will admit that I was expecting some sort of super-rare, recently discovered plant, not an anceps. Still, I'm really happy for you. It's always awesome to hold that dream orchid in your hands and have it grace your growing area. :biggrin:

Eyebabe 02-28-2011 07:45 PM

It surely is a beautifully colored plant!
...and a lusty one for an anceps for sure :D
I hope it blooms like crazy for you!

Connie Star 02-28-2011 07:56 PM

Yeah!!!

Val 02-28-2011 07:58 PM

I'm happy for you, peeweelovesbooks!

I'm a beginner and sticking to Phals. for now, but my latest love is Phal. bellina - wich looks very much like your Laelia, and I just bought it (only it's not in bloom yet). So I can understand quite well how you feel ;)

Grow it well and enjoy it for many years to come!

Vanda lover 02-28-2011 08:12 PM

I love Laelias and catts, but they don't bloom enough for me. Are there any that bloom more often than a few weeks of the year? I once had a cattleytonia that bloomed a little longer.
I killed my laelia anceps.

Becca 02-28-2011 09:08 PM

I don't have this particular one, but I have two L. anceps now! They are addicting! I am keeping my self to just the two for now until I can figure out if I can keep them alive and bloom them. I don't need to do what I did with the Neo's.....I have about 8 of them and still no blooms yet!

FairyInTheFlowers 02-28-2011 09:11 PM

WELCOM BACK MARIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WhiteRabbit 02-28-2011 10:08 PM

woo hoo! it's a beauty!

quiltergal 02-28-2011 10:39 PM

She's baaa-ackkk! :rofl: It's a beautiful orchid Maria, may she grow and bloom like a champ for you! :)