Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Orchid Lounge (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-lounge/)
-   -   What are in spikes in your collection? (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-lounge/43723-spikes-collection.html)

mollycart1 02-13-2011 12:01 PM

What are in spikes in your collection?

As I finished watering my orchids, I noticed that there are several of them in spikes. :biggrin:

What are in spikes in your collection? Here is the list of mine.

Paraphal. labkenkis x Renanthrea philippinense
Vanda Rasri Gold x V. sanderiana alba
Rhv. Colmarie
Cleisostoma arietinum
Vanda Robert's Delight
V. Mimi palmer x V. tessellata
V. bensonii x V. pumila
Perreiraara Motes Leprechaun "Haiku Mint"
Paph. Mt. Toro ( 2 spikes )
Sedirea japonica ( 2 spikes )
Onc. Sharry Baby

Is it going to be a very exciting Spring.

prc11 02-13-2011 12:20 PM

All my phals are in spike and most of my cattleyas have sheaths.

BikerDoc5968 02-13-2011 03:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well, now that you asked, there's lots happening in the greenhouse. I decided this year I wasn't going to do much with pictures for the Phals since you've, many of you, have seen them. But, since this thread got started, I figured it is a great segue. Don't ask for names 'cuz I'm not diggin each out of its spot! Oh, and one other thing: These ain't the best pictures, so no comments about the photographic skills!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

mollycart1 02-13-2011 04:10 PM

Adding one more.
Ascda. Blue Tahourdin 'Bronze Grape'

Doc, nice collection. They look happy.

camille1585 02-13-2011 05:32 PM

Wow Howard, that's a lot of blooming Phals!!! Sitting in there must be a great way to beat the winter blues. And yes, I may have seen pics of many of your phals, but more is always better! :biggrin:

As for what in spike/bloom, there's mostly Phals.
There's also my Pptm Mathina, Gastrochilus japonicus, a zygo, miltionopsis, and I can't remember what else at the moment.

RosieC 02-14-2011 05:27 AM

I have quite a lot of Phals and Den Phals in bloom just now, as well as a sequential Paph Pinocchio and a sequential Phrag Mem. Dick Clements, both of which are still going strong.

I've had quite a lot of flowers over the winter. Not so much in spike just now, but most exciting is a Miltonidium Bartley Schwarz which I've noticed spiking. I'm really usnure about care of the Oncidium alliance stuff and wasn't convinced I was giving this good care (probably keeping it too dry and the leaves are crinkling on new growths) but it's putting out new growths and the largest of them has started developing two spikes, so I'm really excited about that one :biggrin: