Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Orchid Show Announcements (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-show-announcements/)
-   -   Anyone going to the Tamiami show this weekend? (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-show-announcements/43070-tamiami-weekend.html)

susiep 01-25-2011 10:36 AM

Anyone going to the Tamiami show this weekend?

:hello It would be nice to meet up with some other OB members. I will be going on Friday to drop off some plants at the COS exhibit and maybe help set up, if they need me. Then I am going back on Saturday to shop! :blushing:

This is a great show. It is inside, air-conditioned, only $8 to get in and free parking! ;) So more money left to spend on orchids.

Plus, it is the last big show before Redlands (:bowing my favorite) in May. Come on... Roly, Maria, Dave, Brady, Joe, Ben, and Sandy. And all you other south Florida people on the Orchid Board! Are you going?

WhiteRabbit 01-25-2011 05:46 PM

I wish! ;)
I look forward to hearing about it tho! Have fun Susie!

Roly0217 01-25-2011 05:59 PM

Susie I might be there on Sunday. I was trying to be able to go for set up with COS on Friday but work won't let me. Too many classess and orientation that needs to get done and then I'm working Saturday so it's a no go.

tucker85 01-25-2011 08:12 PM

I'm going on saturday. I don't really need more orchids but I want to pick up Martin Mote's new book on vandas and a few supplies. I hope everyone that goes has a good time.

Lorraine 01-25-2011 08:51 PM

Hi Susie..I'm going Saturday. Picking up a pre-order from Sunset Valley Orchids. Going to try my hand at the Catasetinae alliance. Fred Clarke was Guest Speaker at our January meeting and it was great to learn about another alliance that will grow well in the heat.

Our Boca Show is coming up on Valentines' Weekend and a fellow member and I will be on the lookout for a couple goodies for the 3 x 3 display we are entering. Anybody need info on our show??

got ants 01-25-2011 10:38 PM

Saturday 10:00am w/Miramar Orchis Society (free admission plus the $5 coupon for first purchase). We are going in as a group, so Sue..sea ya then...

Oh, and I already have my Catt species list with vendors who carry, that I'm gonna hit first.:evil:

susiep 01-26-2011 03:44 PM

Great! Looks like most of us will be there on Saturday morning. I hope to see all of you.

Be sure to stop by the Coalition for Orchid Species booth and join if you aren't a member yet. We meet every month at Fairchild Gardens and of course the main focus is on species, so that is fun.

Send me a message or call me when you get there!

susiep 01-26-2011 07:29 PM

Roly, I wish you were able to go on Friday. It would be nice to see you again. Is the set up process fun? I am bringing a couple plants.

Lorraine, I have never been to the Valentines Day show. I will try to go this year!

susiep 01-26-2011 07:30 PM

Hey Brady, how do you get the free admission and $5 coupon???? I want in on that!

Lorraine 01-26-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susiep (Post 375345)
Lorraine, I have never been to the Valentines Day show. I will try to go this year!

Hi Susie! Let me know if you are coming. I'll be working all day Sat & Sun. and 2 of us members are putting in a display. It's a really nice show, not huge but great orchid vendors. They each have to do a judged display, we have AOS judging, free lectures on Sat & Sun, repotting service (for those chids that need dividing and a good cleanup), raffles, & best of all lots of orchids to add to your collection. Admission is $5. Here is the link to the website to get directions, etc. brosonline.com