Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Parts & Equipment (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/parts-and-equipment/)
-   -   Best spray bottle I have ever found (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/parts-and-equipment/39578-spray-bottle-found.html)

johnblagg 09-23-2010 10:13 AM

Best spray bottle I have ever found

Bought one of these last August and it lasted a full year....I used it heavy duty every day many times daily.

It finaly died still works but poorly but after a year of constant use this is not bad.Went to Home depo this morning and bought two more just like it to replace this one .....

ZEP Professional $3.50 each dont think you can beat them.

tmaxwell 09-23-2010 10:29 AM

yep, use those too. they are the best!

PitcherASAMD 09-24-2010 08:28 PM

John, we have the same ones! We use them not only for orchids but for cleaning products as well!

Katie

johnblagg 09-24-2010 08:43 PM

they are awesome sprayers and LOL they improved the trigger this year it is wider and a lot easier on thge hand

Tindomul 09-24-2010 10:34 PM

Thats cool. I use the Delta Sprayer, a pressure sprayer. Have had it for 4 years, no problems. But it was 10 - 15 dollars.

Becca 09-24-2010 11:28 PM

Thank you for the info! I'll have to look for those. So far my favorite is this one: 360 Degree Orbital Plant Sprayer

johnblagg 09-25-2010 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tindomul (Post 347649)
Thats cool. I use the Delta Sprayer, a pressure sprayer. Have had it for 4 years, no problems. But it was 10 - 15 dollars.

I would probabaly go with a pressure sprayer too if I had mor orchids to water but as I only have about 30- 35 this workes well for me this year I did buy two and one is for plain water and one for fert.This year I have a couple that need rested in winter so being s/h ....I understand no fert counts as a rest in s/h so the plain water one will sit by them

Becca 09-25-2010 08:18 AM

Pressure sprayers are nice! I have a half gallon pump pressure sprayer and I used those for a couple of years until I needed a 3 gallon one. I keep the trigger sprayers handy for my physan solutions! You really can turn the Orbital 360 upside down and spray it...makes treating orchids so much easier when you are trying to coat the tops and undersides of the leaves!

RJSquirrel 09-26-2010 07:30 AM

the only trouble I seem to have with any sprayer is keeping the nozzles clean of the fine particulate matter so the fine mist stays a mist and not a stream. I'm always taking them apart and cleaning them....A used piece of nylon panty hose around the intake tube keeps pretty small stuff out..I use RW and all kinds of little floaty things get in it so I have to screen it with a tea bag screen. Threw away countless dollar store spray bottles and might have to check out the mercedes ZEP bottle...a Pump up is fine but in the house it can get messy but I always find use for a good spray bottle :) thanks !!!