Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Member Projects (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/member-projects/)
-   -   Maxillaria tenuifolia (Project 11 - Summer 2010) (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/member-projects/38285-maxillaria-tenuifolia-project-11-summer-2010-a.html)

flhiker 08-10-2010 09:11 AM

Maxillaria tenuifolia (Project 11 - Summer 2010)

I have been in contact with Oak Hill, They have a enough plants to go around (in various size's) your choice. If you order now they will ship on the 16th. Sorry Greg wasn't there and they couldn't offer a discount at this time.

Anyway post your arrivals and progress here: Good luck everyone.

RosieC 08-10-2010 09:16 AM

Thanks Dave,

I've already been to my chosen vendor and started filling my 'basket'. Already got the Max and the Gastro in there. Still just deciding if I'll add anything else before I actually place the order :biggrin:

marydaniellesantos 08-10-2010 09:41 AM

Dave,

I contacted a couple vendors to check and see if they'll give a discount, etc. So if you'd like, I can post the replies and see if anyone's interested.

camille1585 08-10-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieC (Post 335735)
I've already been to my chosen vendor and started filling my 'basket'. Already got the Max and the Gastro in there. Still just deciding if I'll add anything else before I actually place the order :biggrin:

Where are you shopping? I'm getting mine from Nardotto e Capello. Already got the Maxillaria and Gastrochilus as well as a Psychopsis papilio 'Mendenhall' on my shopping list. I'm thinking of getting Phal bastianii as well, or Phal lindenii. Or Paph delenatii. Not sure which of those 3 I'll pick. I normally wouldn't get so many at a time, but I need to start rebuilding the missing chunk of my collection. Unfortunately I can't order for another 3 weeks... I might see if I can order+pay, and have Nardotto hold the plants until then (stuff goes out of stock quickly sometimes)

RosieC 08-10-2010 11:32 AM

I was going to use Großräschener. I've bought from them a couple of times before and been pleased.

Their shipping is expensive but I can easily pay by PayPal and if I get a few to split the shipping over it's not too bad. Using them is very hassle free way for me to go. Nardotto would mean getting someone else to order in Euro's for me and as I can get the plants I want at Großräschener I'm going to go the 'easy' way.

Paph delenatii is a possiblility on my list as well. I'm going to go back over the suggestions though because I thought there was something else as well which I had thought I must get. Got to find out from hubby how much I can get away with though :coverlaugh:

RosieC 08-10-2010 11:35 AM

Just had a thought, it's our aniversary in a few days and hubby said he might get me an orchid as a gift. Maybe that will help me get away with more... this one is a project plant, this is it's TC, this is an aniversary present, this is the present's TC... what do you think... will I get away with it! :coverlaugh:

Call_Me_Bob 08-10-2010 11:39 AM

:rofl: this one if a tc or the tc belonging to the present!!

Call_Me_Bob 08-10-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flhiker (Post 335732)
I have been in contact with Oak Hill, They have a enough plants to go around (in various size's) your choice. If you order now they will ship on the 16th. Sorry Greg wasn't there and they couldn't offer a discount at this time.

Anyway post your arrivals and progress here: Good luck everyone.

do you mean they might be able to give a discount if you call at different time when greg is there?

camille1585 08-10-2010 11:54 AM

Rosie, I'm actually happy to not shop at Großräschener. Their plants are more expensive, and shipping is expensive (for french customers nardotto hops over the border to france and mails the packages from there). But I guess for you, between the shipping Italy-UK and the fact that they don't use paypal probably makes it much more expensive than Großräschener.

It'll be interesting to compare plants! The Gastrochilus can be our 2nd project plant, and we can compare notes as they grow. What do you think?

My only trouble is telling my mom about my shopping plans, because having used up the last of my money a month ago, I'm now living off her money until I hopefully get a job this fall....

flhiker 08-10-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by help (Post 335787)
do you mean they might be able to give a discount if you call at different time when greg is there?

Yes but he won't be back till next week. As much as I like to save money. I don't think I can wait that long for a 2.00 discount.:lol: