Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Vendor Feedback (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vendor-feedback/)
-   -   My experience with Santa Barbara Orchid Estate (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vendor-feedback/37268-experience-santa-barbara-orchid-estate.html)

ericst11 07-09-2010 02:15 PM

My experience with Santa Barbara Orchid Estate

I just had the most unpleasant experience trying to order some anceps from Santa Barbara Orchid Estate . I wanted to buy a couple of breeding stock ,and was told they would not grow in my area and that if i wanted to buy them she would act like i knew what i was doing and would not let me purchase anything over 50 bucks because she didn't want to let me down .I don't know the last time someone told me what i knew how to grow or told me i didn't know how to grow something. What the heck.

WhiteRabbit 07-09-2010 03:59 PM

yikes! that's not good - someone else had contacted them about an anceps for the project and got snottiness too

cb977 07-09-2010 04:14 PM

That's just not right :nono:

I can understand somebody trying to help you in accessing a plant that will has a better chance of thriving for you(or any customer) but there is never any reason for rudeness. If it were me, I would send an email to the owner of the company explaining what happened and express my disappointment in being treated in such a poor manner :(

:goodluck:

Brotherly Monkey 07-09-2010 04:42 PM

Who were you dealing with? The reason i ask is that I place orders with them multiple times per year (in fact, their probably my main dealer) and never dealt with anything like the above

peeweelovesbooks 07-09-2010 05:18 PM

Wow. I'm very sorry. That has not been my experience with them AT ALL.

marydaniellesantos 07-09-2010 05:57 PM

I agree with Susanne, e-mail the company and explain what happened, you never know. It may have just been one of the employees, and they may replace them for giving a poor image to them. :)

I hope you find what you're looking for!!!

ericst11 07-09-2010 06:14 PM

Thats funny that you tell me to email them ,the order taker was a lady and i forget her name but last week i sent them a email and they never replyed but the lady new of the email i sent and thats when the rudeness started . I don't know if i sent a email to the owner would it even get to them if my email was never replyed to.

cb977 07-09-2010 06:18 PM

Then my next step would be a hand-written letter physically mailed to the owner. :nod:

ericst11 07-09-2010 06:29 PM

now thats a good idea. for some reason i had never thought of that . thank you.

marydaniellesantos 07-09-2010 07:33 PM

You can try calling, ask to speak to the owner, and if that fails, the letter idea is grand! I'm sorry you were treated so rudely. I am thinking that the female you spoke to should probably not work in customer service. :)