Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Scientific Matters (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/scientific-matters/)
-   -   Contents of Superthrive and K-L-N. (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/scientific-matters/35233-contents-superthrive.html)

King_of_orchid_growing:) 04-30-2010 12:06 AM

Contents of Superthrive and K-L-N.

For those of you who want to know what's exactly in Superthrive or K-L-N, here it is...

Superthrive:

State of Oregon: Oregon Department of Agriculture

K-L-N:

Izzie 04-30-2010 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_of_orchid_growing:) (Post 309163)
For those of you who want to know what's exactly in Superthrive or K-L-N, here it is...

Superthrive:

K-L-N:

:shock: I thought superthrive was super hardcore top secret!

Izzie 04-30-2010 12:54 AM

:( I don't see fifty ingredients. sad.

Wait....they both have potting mix in them? does that mean their special blend...or.......?

King_of_orchid_growing:) 04-30-2010 02:20 AM

I thought something was a bit off when they don't list their ingredients on the bottles.

One of the red flags for me with Superthrive was all the advertising on the package. It literally looks like a bottle on card with a bunch of writing on it that makes it look like something out of an infomercial (if this makes any sense).

The point being...

Why so much advertising?

I'll admit, I bought Superthive before, and I bought a bottle of K-L-N not too long ago.

At least Superthrive has some NAA in it.

Not sure what the vitamin B1 does for the plant. I gotta look that up.

I don't know...

I seriously think that someone needs to conduct a controlled experiment with these two products and see what's up.

Brotherly Monkey 04-30-2010 03:44 AM

[QUOTE=King_of_orchid_growing:)One of the red flags for me with Superthrive was all the advertising on the package. It literally looks like a bottle on card with a bunch of writing on it that makes it look like something out of an infomercial (if this makes any sense).

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it kind of reminds me of the adds for X-ray glasses they used to hustle in the back of comic books

Triffid 04-30-2010 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_of_orchid_growing:) (Post 309197)
Not sure what the vitamin B1 does for the plant. I gotta look that up.

These links may help, especially the second.

Vitamin B1 - Thiamin - The Benefits of Vitamin B - lifeclinic.com

Quick Grow South Articles

Helpful to the roots apparently :)

Hera 04-30-2010 07:17 AM

I noticed that K-L-N is higher in heavy metals.

stefpix 04-30-2010 08:43 AM

If I crush some Vit B tablets and mix it with some fertilizer wouln't it be the same thing at a fraction of the price?

Izzie 04-30-2010 10:36 AM

I believe Vitamin B1 is a type of rooting stimulant. Many garden centers sell whole gallons of Vitamin B1 solution for plants.

I would not suggest using crushed tablets though.

johnblagg 04-30-2010 11:12 AM

hmmm pretty much the same if you ignore the fertilizer in K L N and the fact that the superthrive seems to have more of the b1 and naa so if you add superthrive to your fertlizer mix it should be just as good as K L N but with less heavy metals it would seem to me....

but yes the superthrive packaging is hype and LOL he did very well with it and sold a lot ....but thats is marketing and according to this post a higher strenght of active ingredients than K L N so I dont really see a red flag other than the 50 other ingredients that are not listed.

If K L N is proven effective superthive added to fertilizer would have to be just as effective if not just a touch more unless a higher proportion of active ingredients negates its action ....