Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Orchid Lounge (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-lounge/)
-   -   DUH!!! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-lounge/31128-duh.html)

cb977 12-19-2009 06:42 PM

DUH!!!

We've all had :duh: moments...let's hear some of them :coverlaugh:

I'll start:

just two days ago, my friends Laura and Linda came over to see the chids as there a LOT in bloom right now :)

One of the best growers is a Den that I have growing in a lovely wooden hanging basket given to me by Linda.

I said "Look at this", pulled the basket out to get a better view and promptly broke one of the two spikes!...

:duh:

Who's next? :scratchhead:

Ross 12-19-2009 06:49 PM

For me, Duh! is usually related to watering the crowded plants in my grow window. Reaching across a nice blooming Masdie to pick up a dead leaf has resulted in one less blossom on a few occasions. I guess I'm learning to accept these duh moments for what they are. Thanks for starting this Sue. :)

RosieC 12-19-2009 07:36 PM

Well recently Hubby was moving my Masda for me and it toppled off the drip tray he was carrying and fell on the floor. I told him not to worry as "that one is really unstable, the pot is not heavy enough for the leaves, I should have warned you to always support it".

I then took the tray from him... without supporting the pot... and guess what, it landed on the floor a second time in 5min. :duh: A leaf broke that second time, when it had been undamaged the first.

Well as a result it's now been repotted with stones in the bottom of the pot so it doesn't topple any more :biggrin:

johnblagg 12-19-2009 07:43 PM

well My DUH ! was terrible I had a cowhorn chid that a friend exported to me from Belieze ...It took me several years to get it figured out and actually growing halfway well....

I went to water it one day and as it was sitting on a table outside and I kept my supplies beside it on the table I picked up a container of water that was handy and watered it very well....

The next day said chid was no longer green but a solid black color and very very dead ....IT seems the container had been full of urea fertilizer I had left on that table and rain had filled it up and dissolved it....

DUH !!!

cb977 12-19-2009 07:43 PM

:lol: I'm sitting here thinking about the numerous head-banging bad language spewing :duh: moments I've had over the past 4 1/2 years...

:yikes:

:rofl:

cb977 12-19-2009 07:44 PM

Oh no, John!!!

:duh: :bua:

johnblagg 12-19-2009 07:48 PM

I no longer trust water from a open container

Nic100 12-20-2009 04:40 AM

I spent an a good hour and half yesterday making Christmas cookies, mixing the dough, chilling it for 30 mins, rolling it out, cutting the cookies, pricking them with a fork, re-chilling them, popped them in the oven for 12 mins....

...had a 'quick' check on orchid board for some info on my oncidium, and 25 minutes later no more cookies! Just 30 charred cookie-shaped circles!

:bua:

cb977 12-20-2009 08:53 AM

:rofl:

harrywitmore 12-20-2009 10:25 AM

Well, back in my younger days I used to have lots of reptiles. One I particularly like was a white and black Tegu which was about 2' long. Pretty docile and very fast. Well I had it outside in the cage and some way it got out. I began the chase in amongst the shrubbery near the house. I was hot on it's tail and just about to reach down to snag him when he changed direction. Well, I planted my foot to turn and, no more lizard. I feel like crap to this day.