Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Vanda Alliance - others (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vanda-alliance-others/)
-   -   Aranthera Anne Black in Bloom (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vanda-alliance-others/26353-aranthera-anne-black-bloom.html)

peeweelovesbooks 08-02-2009 02:28 PM

Aranthera Anne Black in Bloom

Hi everyone.

Here are some pictures of my Aranthera Anne Black, again in bloom. I purchased this from Soroa orchids back in March 2009, in bloom, and it's now blooming again. The flowers are a lot darker and with less yellow than the previous flowers. I hope you enjoy.

Renantheras :: Aranthera Anne Black Second Blooming #1 (2009) picture by peeweelovesbooks - Photobucket

Renantheras :: Aranthera Anne Black Second Blooming #2 (2009) picture by peeweelovesbooks - Photobucket

Renantheras :: Aranthera Anne Black Second Blooming #3 (2009) picture by peeweelovesbooks - Photobucket

Renantheras :: Aranthera Anne Black Second Blooming #4 (2009) picture by peeweelovesbooks - Photobucket

Renantheras :: Aranthera Anne Black Second Blooming #5 (2009) picture by peeweelovesbooks - Photobucket

PitcherASAMD 08-02-2009 02:49 PM

Maria! Congrats! I love the color and patterning on the flowers! thanks for sharing :)
Katie:)

RosieC 08-03-2009 01:49 PM

Wonderful, I love the colour :cheer:

kinknstein 08-17-2009 12:11 PM

Nice one! Congrats!!

dgenovese1 08-19-2009 12:33 AM

Hi Peewee,
It is a beauty...I love the spidery petals and sepals on this one. :biggrin:

You've reminded me to take a closer look at mine...it too was blooming in March...ummmm? ;)

peeweelovesbooks 08-19-2009 07:56 PM

thanks guys!! I love this one, all the blooms opened and the spray is beautiful. :)

dgenovese1 08-19-2009 08:50 PM

Hi Peewee,
I did check mine this morning...it has a little nub sticking out along the stem, but I think it's a new root instead of a spike. Oh well, at least I get to enjoy yours. :( Thanks!

peeweelovesbooks 08-20-2009 11:27 AM

How mature is yours, David? That's strange that yours isn't in spike. :) I haven't been able to repot mine because by the time I got around to it, it had a spike, but now I'm (im)patiently waiting for these to finish so I can repot. :)

I am envious of your other vandas!!!

dgenovese1 08-23-2009 10:55 PM

Hi Peewee,
Mine is growing on a hook along with my vandas..it is not in a pot.

The plant is about 18-20 inches tall. I'm thinking I might have to move it to a slightly sunnier spot...there is an area in my shade house that gets lower light levels, and that is where it is right now. I'll give it a try and let you know what happens. :)

peeweelovesbooks 08-24-2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgenovese1 (Post 249754)
Hi Peewee,
Mine is growing on a hook along with my vandas..it is not in a pot.

The plant is about 18-20 inches tall. I'm thinking I might have to move it to a slightly sunnier spot...there is an area in my shade house that gets lower light levels, and that is where it is right now. I'll give it a try and let you know what happens. :)

Maybe that's the trick!! I have mine in FULL sun!. :)

Good luck and please keep me updated. :)