Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Member Projects (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/member-projects/)
-   -   Haraella retrocalla (Project 8 - Spring 2009) (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/member-projects/23078-haraella-retrocalla-project-8-spring-2009-a.html)

flhiker 04-21-2009 01:29 PM

Haraella retrocalla (Project 8 - Spring 2009)

Hi all just got my computer back up and very pleased with the new project plant selection.
To make things a little more interesting I will be offering a prize for the first 2 people to get there's to bloom. (U.S residents only sorry)
You need to take a picture of the project plant when you first get it and post a picture here. Then again once it blooms. Thats all.
The prize will be 2 seedling Cattleya's
The first person will pick 2 of the 4 available the second person will get the remaining 2. Sound fair?
Good Luck!!
Here's the choices
Lc. Tristar Bouquet 'Hawaii'
Lc. Carolyn Reid 'Glowing Embers'
Lc. Little Oliver 'Tomoko'
Pot. Michael Edward Boersma 'Carmela'

If Sue (cb977) or Charile (cabnc) should win I have something else to offer.

quiltergal 04-21-2009 01:32 PM

What a nice thing to do Dave! Thanks! :bowing

charmbutterfly 04-21-2009 01:55 PM

OHHHHHHHH sounds fuN! Where can we buy the plants from? Any particular vendor?

playtime8978 04-21-2009 02:26 PM

I am guessing we can still post the pictures if we are outside of the US we just cant get the seedlings if we win? should we post our pics here for those of us outside US or use the other project thread.

shakkai 04-21-2009 03:16 PM

What a fantastic thing to do Dave! Thanks so much for providing even more 'incentive' and fun! Too bad I'm not in the US - though with my track record of project plants (I don't think I've got *any* of them to flower yet!!) I'm not really bothered.

camille1585 04-21-2009 03:29 PM

Can't the non americans people play for the glory? :biggrin: If an EU person wins then the prizes get bumped down to the 2nd and 3rd place persons. Just a thought.

playtime8978 04-21-2009 03:31 PM

Hey if one of us wins from the EU or Canada then does that mean we can buy two new orchids as a prize for ourselves?:rofl: wonder if my husband would believe me in 12 years time if I said its flowered now I won the contest lets buy two more orchids

boytjie 04-21-2009 03:32 PM

...and NO prizes for those who just might happen to receive their Haraella already in bud! Sneaky! :evil: :rofl:

camille1585 04-21-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playtime8978 (Post 216202)
Hey if one of us wins from the EU or Canada then does that mean we can buy two new orchids as a prize for ourselves?:rofl: wonder if my husband would believe me in 12 years time if I said its flowered now I won the contest lets buy two more orchids

Say.....I like your way of thinking! :rofl: So If I win I get to go buy myself 2 more chids! :biggrin: And if I don't win, I still go buy those orchids! :rofl:

playtime8978 04-21-2009 03:41 PM

Of course camille if we dont win we get to get commiseration orchids, maybe, as well so make that 4 orchids in the long term if it eventually flowers :rofl: