Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Hybrids (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/hybrids/)
-   -   NOID Harlequin Phal (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/hybrids/22612-noid-harlequin-phal.html)

Ethan 04-08-2009 05:10 PM

NOID Harlequin Phal

4 Attachment(s)
It's been a while since I've posted anything so I have a little catching up to do...:(

I got this harlequin phal on the discount rack about a year and a half ago...it rebloomed VERY nicely for me this year with two spikes and exactly 20 flowers!! :bananaslide:

camille1585 04-08-2009 05:20 PM

Very beautiful, I love the harlequins! You did a great job growing it. :bowing My harlequin is in bud now, I can't wait for the blooms. :)

RosieC 04-08-2009 05:25 PM

Wow, I really love harlequins and I've one of my next buys will be a harlequin of some sort.

Yours looks great with all those flowers, what a great orchid you got from the discount rack, I love the colour of the lip on that one as well :cheer:

brush 04-08-2009 05:41 PM

I have one of those as well and it is in bloom now . Very beautiful flowers on it .

Shirley 04-08-2009 09:36 PM

Great deal from a discount rack, Ethan, but it's obviously enjoyed your TLC. Super display of flowers!

:)

Bird Song Farm 04-09-2009 03:33 AM

Wonderful job Ethan, it looks a lot like mine.....
Phalaenopsis Ever Spring Fairy ''Shan Pin'' FCC/AOS pictures from home & garden photos on webshots

You might have a name for her now.

Al

Ethan 04-09-2009 07:23 AM

Al, mine does look almost identical to yours! Thanks for posting that! I'm hesitant to give mine a name, though because I know there are sooo many harlequin hybrids out there that look identical. This is a step in the right direction, tho...thanks!:bowing

Camille and Brush...please post pics, I wanna see yours! I love harlequins!

camille1585 04-09-2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethan (Post 212231)
Al, mine does look almost identical to yours! Thanks for posting that! I'm hesitant to give mine a name, though because I know there are sooo many harlequin hybrids out there that look identical. This is a step in the right direction, tho...thanks!:bowing

Camille and Brush...please post pics, I wanna see yours! I love harlequins!

Don't worry about the pics, I'll be sure to post some! I think mine has a bit less white than yours, but I'm no sure. I rescued it from a family member who was going to trash it after blooming. I had seen it once, but all I remember was that it's a harlequin!
Me too I'd be hesitant to give it a name, there are so many look a likes!

Bird Song Farm 04-09-2009 08:04 AM

Ethan, mine is about to bloom, the first bud is just opening. I'll get a pic of the lip/column as soon as I can and see if it still resembles yours.
I know what you mean about "naming" it. You might put a question mark on the label to let you know it's a "Looks Like".
Al

lostonthebeach 04-09-2009 08:28 AM

Great job growing a wonderful plant.