Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Orchid Show Announcements (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-show-announcements/)
-   -   The 2009 Atlanta Orchid Society Show (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-show-announcements/20998-2009-atlanta-orchid-society.html)

tvrepair 02-22-2009 04:03 PM

The 2009 Atlanta Orchid Society Show

3/12-15 2009 9 AM to 5 PM Atlanta Orchid Show, Atlanta Botanical Gardens. For information contact: Roy Harrow phone: 770-434-8059

The Atlanta Orchid Society Prese

Schedule: Setup Thursday. Judging on Firday morning. Vendor sales and the exhibits, late Firday morning thru Sunday. Vendors include:

Nature Glass Larry & Linda Mayes
Andy's orchids Andy and Harry Phillips
Atlanta Orchid Co. Jeff Whitfield & Bill W
Carolina Orchids Tom and Shann Nasser
Michel Orchid Nursery Erich Michel
Keiki Pro Greg Smith
Marble Branch Mark Reinke & Gary Collier
Orchid Inn Sam Tsui
Peach state Barbara Ellenburg & Sam
Paphanetics Dr. Hasegawa
Plates Cora Bell Ramborger
Canaima Orchids Michael Sinn
Orchid Shows
Among the largest annual shows in the USA are the ones held in New York City, Santa Barbara, Miami and the Redland Orchid Festival (Homestead, FL), although many other large and small cities have their own annual shows.

The Atlanta show and sale will be held March 12-15 this year at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. Vendors from throughout the USA attend this show to display and sell their plants.

Don't forget to check your monthly newsletter, or the American Orchid Society's monthly Orchids magazine for annual orchid shows/sales throughout the USA. The majority of the shows occur during the Spring and Fall months, but there are shows every month.

Cowboys East 03-04-2009 08:26 AM

I spoke to Andy of Andy's Orchids a while back and he said because of the change from November to March that he wouldn't be at the show. Disappointing, because he has some of the nicest species plants out there. Does anyone know if any of the attending vendors will have any miniature species phals, aerangis, neos, or dendrobiums? Wish I lived closer to Homestead, Fl.
Neil

tvrepair 03-08-2009 11:31 AM

miniature species

I do not know what the other venders are going to bring but check the vender list and email them on our show flier I added links to there web sites The Atlanta Orchid Society Prese
Andy's had a conflict with the new date for the show. hope this helps

Greg Smith

jkofferdahl 03-08-2009 03:30 PM

I really would like to attend. Sadly, you folks planned it for the same weekend as my daughter's 16th birthday, and she lives in Charlotte. I'm afraid that my pretty little flower takes priority over pretty flowers.