Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Pleurothallis Alliance (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/pleurothallis-alliance/)
-   -   Masdevallia from I. N. Komoda (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/pleurothallis-alliance/20018-masdevallia-komoda.html)

EdinAZ 01-26-2009 01:44 PM

Masdevallia from I. N. Komoda

6 Attachment(s)
A couple of weeks ago I received an order of Masdevallias from I. N. Komoda. The plants looked great, and all nicely potted, so they don’t need re-potting too soon. A few in bloom or bud, but I didn’t get around to taking pictures until just now, so only three were still blooming. Several others have buds though, so I’ll see some more bloom before too long. The plants I got are:

• Masd. Maui Holiday (tonduzii ‘Makawao’ x mendozae ‘#1’)
• Masd. princeps x sib
• Masd. Maui Prince (tonduzii ‘Makawao’ x princeps)
• Masd. Redwing ‘Rolfe’ x Masd. Princeps
• Masd. Ken Dole (coccinea v. alba ‘Snowbird’ x tonduzii ‘Makawao’)
• Masd. tonduzii ‘Makawao’
• Masd. lamphotyria ‘Makawao’
• Masd. Amazule
• Masd. Huang Picchu (veitchiana ‘Prince de Galle’ x princeps)
• Masd. Ignea ‘Tetra Grande’ x Masd. Constricta ‘#22’

According to Ivan, all are intermediate to warmth-tolerant. I’m really looking forward to seeing the princeps bloom, and some of it’s crosses.

Of the plants, I only did a group photo. In bloom, left to right are:

• Masd. Maui Holiday – quarter view, then side
• Masd. ignea x constricta – front, then side
• Masd. tonduzii

I’ve never purchased from Komoda before, but from the looks of the plants I received, he’s a terrific vendor. (Prices were good too.)

Ed

cb977 01-26-2009 02:01 PM

Ed, they look great!

I was SO thrilled when I found Ivan Komoda and his warmth-tolerant Masdies! :cloud9:

The quality of his plants is top notch and he's a very nice man too :clap:

quiltergal 01-26-2009 03:40 PM

Ed they look great! I really like the ignea x constricta. Very nice. My Ken Dole is sending up a new spike. Like the dork I sometimes am I cut the first spike not realizing it's a sequential bloomer! :duh:

I also just got Maui Prince, princeps x sib, and Redwing 'Rolfe' x princeps. The Redwing came in spike and the bud is just now emerging. It promptly sent up 2 more spikes about a week after I got it. I'm very curious to see what this one looks like. From the looks of it so far it's going to be a BIG flower. I'll be sure to post a pic when it blooms.

10010100102 01-26-2009 07:30 PM

Nice plants! I've never heard of I. N. Komoda before... With any luck they ship to Canada; I guess I'll have to look into it. :goodluck: with your new masdies!

EdinAZ 01-26-2009 08:20 PM

Komoda

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10010100102 (Post 186508)
Nice plants! I've never heard of I. N. Komoda before... With any luck they ship to Canada; I guess I'll have to look into it. :goodluck: with your new masdies!

I'm pretty sure he will . . . depending on what your import regulations are. If you call him, he can tell you.

His web site is:

I. N. KOMODA ORCHIDS

Ed

LauraN 01-27-2009 07:22 AM

Very nice collection you have there!

Tindomul 01-27-2009 08:24 AM

Great collection!!! Thanks for sharing.

masda 01-27-2009 09:48 PM

Nice bunch, like the Maui Holiday the most but all are good and I envy you.