Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Introductions - Break the Ice ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/introductions-break-the-ice-/)
-   -   Introducing myself (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/introductions-break-the-ice-/19719-introducing.html)

Karina 01-18-2009 07:25 AM

Introducing myself

Hallo,

my name is Karina, I live in a small town in Germany. Orchids are my passion since a few years, especially miniature orchids like Oncidium, Tolumnia or Ornithocephalus.

I hope, that I can find here some new friends with the same passion.

Greetings

Karina

Orchidophile 01-18-2009 08:23 AM

Hello Karina, welcome to the OB! there are plenty of people here who love miniatures, including me. I have always wanted a Ornithocephalus but can never find them besides online.

Grandma M 01-18-2009 08:28 AM

:welcome: Welcome to OB Karina. You will find many here share your passion for Orchids and are very willing to share their passion and growing tips. Please share your :photo: with us.

Marilyn

cb977 01-18-2009 09:35 AM

Hi Karina and welcome to Orchidboard! :cheer:

You've definitely come to the right place to meet friends who share your love of orchids.

We'd love to hear more from you :clap:

If you need help with anything, let us know :D

lobsterman 01-18-2009 10:41 AM

Welcome Karina. I am a 2 day veteran. As for minis, I have an oncidium "white twinke" that is AWESOME!! :1stplace: Smells like a bowl of vanilla ice cream. And I have a mini-vanda. Don't know what it's called, but the blooms are orange and they produce like a foxtail palm (all the way around the stem??) :_( Please forgive my ignorance.

Welcome!

cb977 01-18-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lobsterman (Post 183609)
I have a mini-vanda. Don't know what it's called, but the blooms are orange and they produce like a foxtail palm (all the way around the stem??) :_( Please forgive my ignorance.

Welcome!

Sounds like you have an Ascocenda miniatum or curvifolium :hmm

Once you upload those pics, we'll know for sure ;)

lobsterman 01-18-2009 10:56 AM

You seem optimistic Susanne. I recommend playing the lottery first. Winning will surely come before my photos!!!:rofl:

Joansorchid 01-18-2009 12:38 PM

Hi Karina:waving
Welcome to OB. I have a few orchids but I dont think I have oncidiums. Best of luck with the collection.
Hugs Joan :goodluck:

phaladdict 01-18-2009 02:22 PM

Hi Karina! Where in Germany do you live???

camille1585 01-18-2009 03:14 PM

:hello and :welcome: Karina!
A lot of us here like miniature orchids. I think most of the reason why we like them is that since they are so small, we can fit a lot into our growing areas. And they are easier to sneak them in the house....