Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Vendor Feedback (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vendor-feedback/)
-   -   Ecuagenera (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vendor-feedback/111050-ecuagenera.html)

Toadwally 12-22-2022 09:56 PM

Ecuagenera

Ordered a mess of spp. from Ecuagenera this year through two orders.

An Aerangis ellisii looked suspicious but tested negative. Having read reviews on this forum, I'll test others. All looked good and are growing. The Phal. luedd. arrived in bud. The Phal. gigantea, out of stock but became available after an order was canceled, is putting on another leaf. Gongora, Coryanthes, Lueddemanniana, and a few others all robust. So far, two-thumbs up.

Just callin'em like I sees'em. I'll share future experiences with these and others.

mr.wolfe 05-04-2023 02:43 PM

Any update on this?:)

Leafmite 09-22-2023 02:35 AM

Just did my first solo order from Ecuagenera and I was very pleased. The air plants were amazing and the Dracula papillosa and Oncidium sotoanum were in perfect condition and ready to be potted. The Lepanthes is nice and healthy and came with a mount.

I have done group orders and bought from them at the West Shore Orchid Society (Ohio) show and have always gotten very nice orchids. If ordering from the Pleurothallidinae subtribe, I would recommend ordering when temperatures are going to be mild (we have night temperatures in the fifties and daytime temperatures in the seventies right now...perfect).

DirtyCoconuts 09-22-2023 09:34 AM

knock on wood - my experiences have always been good- either great all the way through or they fixed the issues quickly and without a fight

katsucats 09-27-2023 07:32 PM

Ecuagenera is amazing until you get a fungal infection or virus. If you send them pictures of a plant being injured immediately after receiving it, they will take care of it. If you send them pictures of a positive test but a good looking plant, they will most likely tell you the plant is healthy. But when you do get healthy plants, they are huge, so whether the value is worth it is completely up to you.

With that said, even though I said before I wasn't buying from them anymore, I just made a purchase for some flasks of uncommon Epidendrum and Oncidium, as well as a Laelia anceps 'Ileana', which I'm assuming to be a var. hillii/hillsii/hilliana with a light pink lip, if the pictures on Roberta's site are any indication.

I guess that's the other good thing about Ecuagenera. Ecuador has a ton of native orchid species, and you probably won't find such a selection anywhere else.

Leafmite 09-28-2023 02:30 AM

Good luck with the new orchids!

aparnamane 11-13-2023 01:23 PM

Hi OB

I had ordered from Ecuagenera couple of weeks back and I received order last Thursday, Nov 9th, with one Orchid missing from the Order and since trying to email, I didn't get any reply. Orchids I received looks pretty good, but just curious does it take that long to hear from them, anyone have experience.

Thanks.

Keysguy 11-13-2023 07:40 PM

Sometimes they respond quickly, sometimes it can take a looooong time. Give them another tweak every couple of days until they respond.

sunfire 11-13-2023 08:04 PM

I placed an order for show pick up and something like 6 out of 8 were either dead or not delivered. I refused the dead plants at the show, took pictures of the plants in the reps hands and then emailed cc'ing every email I could find. I got a response after a few days and my money back a couple weeks later. If you don't hear back soon I'd just make sure you CC every email you can find to be sure it gets to the right person.

When I mean dead, some were literally black and all the leaves fell off the others when I opened the bag. It was comically sad. The reps were very nice though but I was a uncomfortable leaving without pics for proof since they weren't able to refund me themselves. None of the shipping fee was refunded so I paid shipping for 8 plants and only got 2. My lesson learned. I still browse their site but am wary about buying again. Last couple shows they were at they had mostly aroids though which was disappointing. Ugh, such a bummer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aparnamane (Post 1011414)
Hi OB

I had ordered from Ecuagenera couple of weeks back and I received order last Thursday, Nov 9th, with one Orchid missing from the Order and since trying to email, I didn't get any reply. Orchids I received looks pretty good, but just curious does it take that long to hear from them, anyone have experience.

Thanks.

aparnamane 11-14-2023 12:46 AM

Thanks, Keysguy and Sunfire.

I finally got a reply when I emailed them a couple of times to sales and also their info email, they are willing to send a different Orchid as they don't have the one which I ordered or refund with shipping charges.

If helps anyone, I was emailing sales@ecuagenera.com, but I realized they have sales@ecuagenera.net email id as well, as I had some communication before with them, as soon as I emailed to .net email ID I received a reply.

Thanks.