Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Orchids in Bloom (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchids-in-bloom/)
-   -   tmoneys phlowering phals and such (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchids-in-bloom/109448-tmoneys-phlowering-phals.html)

tmoney 04-17-2022 03:52 AM

tmoneys phlowering phals and such

6 Attachment(s)
hello again ob...

decided to just start a rolling thread to post up some of our bloom pics, and also to help give us a bit of a calendar! so, here are some current blooms over at our place. hope you enjoy!

tmoney 04-24-2022 04:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
a very special one is opening up this weekend. maxillaria variabilis.

this is one a group of cuttings that i took back in march as a bit of an experiment. they really are as easy to propagate as the internet says! ;)

Mountaineer370 04-24-2022 11:47 AM

Phals are my phavorites! Thanks for sharing the pics.

SADE2020 04-24-2022 06:18 PM

Way to go!!!! Many good rewards after all :-)

tmoney 04-25-2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaineer370 (Post 984734)
Phals are my phavorites! Thanks for sharing the pics.

ours too for sure! perhaps we could do a plant exchange when we visit my fam this summer. they are all over the mitten. i'll send you a pm...

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by SADE2020 (Post 984795)
Way to go!!!! Many good rewards after all :-)

thanks sade, it was a really rewarding first year in orchids. we have learned a lot thanks in big part to the folks here at the ob!

tmoney 04-28-2022 12:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
siderea japonica pretty much fully open now and two so far successful capsules of mannii x mannii flava. hope to send at least one off flask.

mr. f, you interested?!

tmoney 05-06-2022 01:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 158231
one of the parishii's coming on strong with mystery cap (!) starting

Attachment 158233
and a germain vincent. this flower is super waxy compared to the other plants flowers, so much so that you can see reflections in the upper petal!

tmoney 05-15-2022 02:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
the yang yang supermodel reblooming now with 3 flowers this time

Attachment 158351

and one of our wossner mosquitos (wossner mucke - tetraspis x viridis) with 4 buds. this plant is growing on me, and its sibling is carrying 2 spikes with lots of juicy little buds!

Attachment 158352

tmoney 05-22-2022 08:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)
dendrobium green surprise

Attachment 158472

thanks to you kind folks here at the orchid board for the advice on how to grow a dendrobium! we threw the mother plant onto the balcony per the advice and left it there all winter with minimal watering and care. in march we took 2 groups of keikis when new growth appeared and actually got one to make a flower!! its a really soft easter green and just popped open today.

Attachment 158471

the mother is still doing well and i now hanging down in the garden. thanks for all the help ob!!!!

tmoney 05-23-2022 01:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
phal doweryensis bloomed this morning!!

Attachment 158479

but the hidden gem is the brown and yellow stripes on the lip

Attachment 158480

so a big thanks to mr. f for putting us in contact with this plant. feel somewhat responsible for it now, as it was a mature plant when we got it. i gotta admit, i do love the flowers. they have a nice waxy texture, and man did they bloom fast! my two prevailing hypothesis for the fast bloom time is a. it is a mature plant and we just havent seen many this old, or b, it is a general characteristic of this species. either way... love it!!!!!!!

and a few more to come hopefully :biggrin:

Attachment 158481