Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Member Projects (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/member-projects/)
-   -   Phal. lobbii (Project 1 - Summer 2006) (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/member-projects/1084-phal-lobbii-project-1-summer-2006-a.html)

ScottMcC 08-05-2006 09:12 AM

Phal. lobbii (Project 1 - Summer 2006)

Anyone got updates from their project one orchids? How are the little darlings doing?

cb977 08-05-2006 09:40 AM

Hi Scott,

Jessica is growing some nice roots, has a new leaf set coming out and a keiki growing UNDER the mother plant.
I've moved her around a few times, trying to jump-start some major action but she seems to want to do things at her own pace :D

I've posted a pic or two but the group has a scheduled picture update for next Monday, the 14th.

Thanks for asking :D

Tikva 08-05-2006 03:26 PM

George came in bloom and dropped it in a few days. He had another bud which just opened 3 days ago. He's also grown a leaf for me. And a new root under the leaves. He seems very happy so far...

Tindomul 08-05-2006 07:08 PM

Does mine have a name???
Anyhow, I dont see anything going on. The root tips seem to be getting some bristly type papilae kinda things. I'm not even sure if they were there when I got it. No new leaves, no keikis, no flowers. :roll:, I do have lots of dried up old spikes, so perhaps mine is taking a break from all the excitement.

cb977 08-15-2006 12:46 PM

Well, yesterday was one month since we've gotten our little beauties from Andy's Orchids! What beautiful, healthy plants the folks at Andy's supplied us with!
We've updated pictures in the Chat Project section of the gallery...enjoy :D

Tindomul 08-15-2006 02:00 PM

YOu know I must have an internal clock or something, cuase I was just posting pics to post them, I didnt know it was a month, actually I thought it was well passed the month mark :blushing:

On related note, I got a phone call yesterday all the way from Andy's Orchids in California(I hope they have Vonage) just to see how my orchids were doing and if I had any questions about them!!!!! :shock:
And then thats when I decided to take the pics of the Phal.

Anyway, my Phal hasnt done much except grow roots. ANd the roots seem to be getting bristly. Its pretty cool. I suppose if conditions were unfavorable, it would have died by now.

cb977 08-15-2006 02:16 PM

I forgot to mention last night, I got the Andy's call yesterday too! Aren't they great to deal with?

Remember...we LIKE roots...roots are GOOD... ;)

cb977 09-01-2006 08:12 PM

Phal. lobbii (Project 1)

1 Attachment(s)
Marleneann is the first member to bloom the Phal lobbii involved in the boards first growing project...

so...
How did you do it?
What conditions did you have the plant growing in?

Hope you don't mind, but I've taken the liberty of posting your success story picture here:

Everybody, meet M's Phal lobbii :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Tindomul 09-01-2006 09:00 PM

Yea, you gotta tell us how you did it Mar.

Oscarman 09-02-2006 12:43 AM

Great job Marleneann!

I'm sure we are all looking for your success story. First to flower and how long did you have the plant......:)