Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Outdoor Gardening (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/outdoor-gardening/)
-   -   A Few Bog Orchids (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/outdoor-gardening/107131-bog-orchids.html)

Subrosa 06-24-2021 09:21 PM

A Few Bog Orchids

5 Attachment(s)
Just a few that have bloomed so far this spring, plus a pic of some REALLY good news. First is Dactylorhiza maculata, second is Ponerorchis x Enomotoe, third is Rose Pogonia, Pogonia ophioglossoides. Fourth is Pogonia japonica, and the last pic shows a Venus fly trap 'Akai Ryu', but if you look directly behind it you can see two small plants with white edges to their leaves. They're a Pecteilus radiata 'Ginga' that wintered over and are growing well.

Paphluvr 06-24-2021 09:25 PM

Very nice! Are all these blooming in your man-made bog?

Subrosa 06-25-2021 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paphluvr (Post 960834)
Very nice! Are all these blooming in your man-made bog?

They were, but they're just about done now. More to come soon though!

Paphluvr 06-25-2021 08:22 AM

The only one of these that I've seen here in MI is the Rose Pogonia growing among a bunch of sundews on a quaking bog. Near by were some Calopogon. The same bog had Spiranthese sp. later in the season and, of course, pitcher plants.

DirtyCoconuts 06-25-2021 10:40 AM

Amazing.

Subrosa 06-25-2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paphluvr (Post 960867)
The only one of these that I've seen here in MI is the Rose Pogonia growing among a bunch of sundews on a quaking bog. Near by were some Calopogon. The same bog had Spiranthese sp. later in the season and, of course, pitcher plants.

Calopogon will be in the next batch of blooms, along with Spiranthes sinensis. Shortly to after that the Platanthera will start with clavellata and then ciliaris. Then hopefully Pecteilus radiata, followed by the rest of the Spiranthes.

Paphluvr 06-25-2021 08:44 PM

The same bog, away from the quaking bog, also had Cyp. acaule, Cyp. reginae and Arethusa bulbosa. There may have been others, but those are the only ones I found and photographed (pre-digital days).

Subrosa 06-25-2021 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paphluvr (Post 960925)
The same bog, away from the quaking bog, also had Cyp. acaule, Cyp. reginae and Arethusa bulbosa. There may have been others, but those are the only ones I found and photographed (pre-digital days).

Arethusa bulbosa is right at the top of my wish list right now, along with Eleorchis japonica.

Leafmite 06-26-2021 03:00 AM

Beautiful!

WaterWitchin 06-26-2021 08:36 AM

Watching this project from the get-go has been such a pleasure. This has turned out to be quite the masterpiece Subrosa.

:bowing :bowing :bowing

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

PS I like the Pongonia best. Could I grow those varmits here?