Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Orchid Lounge (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-lounge/)
-   -   Rogue Valley Orchid Society Show (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-lounge/10558-rogue-valley-orchid-society.html)

quiltergal 04-12-2008 07:09 PM

Rogue Valley Orchid Society Show

10 Attachment(s)
Just back from RVOS show & sale. It was very nice as always, though there have been better show plants in previous years. Here are a few pics. I'm going back tomorrow so will catch a few more then. The vendor area was jammed. I'm glad I put in a pre-order with Helene of Briggs Hill. I picked up a Paph. Magic Lantern, Paph. Pinocchio, and Phrag. Jason Fisher from her. Then I found Phal. Brother Sara Gold at a different vendor and got that too. It's been on my wish list for awhile.

cb977 04-12-2008 07:29 PM

Great pictures, Terri! Thanks :bowing

kiki-do 04-12-2008 08:02 PM

Hey Terri, awesome pics. You picked some nice buys too. :)

Ross 04-13-2008 09:05 AM

Looks like a nice show. Where was it located? Thanks for sharing.

Grandma M 04-13-2008 10:06 AM

Thanks for the pictures. I especially appreciate the ones with the names on them. Thanks.

I need an orchid show fix about now.

Shirley 04-13-2008 04:33 PM

Great photos, Terri, and a nice haul for you. That Sara Gold is beautiful, isn't it! Thanks for sharing. The first photo certainly shows an interesting plant. Do you happen to know the name of it, please?

gmdiaz 04-13-2008 04:37 PM

Great haul!

I've got the Sara Gold and it's a wonderfull one! Strangely, the blooms which are not supposed to be fragrant, smell just like bacon. Bacon just out of the package, uncooked!

The blooms are gorgeous and long lasting. I think mine has about six or seven blooms. . .one more to open for the full showing!

Can't wait to hear what you brough back from the show today!

quiltergal 04-13-2008 06:46 PM

10 Attachment(s)
:rofl: OMG Gwen you know me too well! Well today's haul was significantly smaller. I picked up a Tolumnia Genting Volcano, and a Paph. sukhakulii. My son got a lovely yellow Cymbidium Lolita's Song, and a very pretty little dark purple Lc. After I got home yesterday and put Paph. Pinocchio up on my shelf my husband came in and said "Hey that looks just like the one you aready have.". Paph. liemianum does look very much like Pinocchio only I like it better. So I asked my son while we were at the show if he liked Pinocchio and he said "Yep, it's cool". When we were done I told him to stop by the house on his way home. I gave him the Pinocchio and also gave him the L. Santa Barbara Sunset. The Laelia is beautiful, and it pained me greatly to give it away but it's humongous. When I watered this morning I counted 9 new growths! :shock: Time for it to go to someone who has a whole room devoted to plants. I made him pinky swear to take care of them and I get visitation rights. ;)

Ross the show was at the Jackson County Fairgrounds. It's been there for the last 3 years and is a pretty good venue.

Shirley, the first plant is a Den. of some sort. When I went back today to check for a name it was gone, so whoever entered it must have had to leave early.

I clicked a few more pics today when I could get closer to the tables. Here they are. I'll catch a few of my new babies in a bit. Need to finish watering! :shock:

Paul 04-13-2008 07:04 PM

Nice pics, Terri. :)

The den reminds me of Den Samurai (something like that). Never heard of the Perreraara before. Any idea what went into that cross, anybody?

Pot love avenue is very nice -- similar to one I have.

:)

quiltergal 04-16-2008 01:19 PM

Shirley, I did some digging and the den in picture 1 is Den. antennatum or a hybrid of it. Hope that helps a little. :waving