Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Pet Depot (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/pet-depot/)
-   -   Guinness aka the Diva (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/pet-depot/104700-guinness-aka-diva.html)

Dollythehun 09-13-2020 04:54 PM

Guinness aka the Diva

2 Attachment(s)
You older members may remember that we lost our cat Mr Jackson a few years ago. I am forever grateful to my friend ES who helped me make the decision, and then comforted me through the whole ordeal. (He's not just a great orchid grower.)

So, for the last 6 months or so I had been looking for a cat to be Nathan's companion. I knew Dolly would never warm up to anybody, and that was okay. I can't believe how many people rejected my application. Sometimes I was too late, sometimes I was too far away, there was always some reason.

I was beginning to think it was not meant to be. And I certainly had prayed about it a lot. Then we found Guinness. Whoever named her I do not know, (I'm more fond of Budweiser copper myself.) But we picked her up a week ago, and she's adapting pretty rapidly.

She's 13, her blood work is nearly perfect, and she's pretty spry for her age. She's still learning her way around the house but so far I've observed that she likes to be close to you but not right on you, as you can see from the picture on the bed. Apparently she likes to compute because she's in the office a lot. The other night I was taking a webinar for work and printing off some handouts. She looked at the printer touched the papers coming out of the printer with her paw, and then she reached over and pulled all of them out of the printer and laid them on the desk using her teeth.

She's been bathed, I thought I needed a trip to the emergency room but found I had enough bandages. It's obvious to me that her former owner fed her people food, and thankfully she's too little at 7 lb to jump up on the counter easily. Both Nathan and Dolly out weigh her by half. but she gives them two hisses and one little growl and they just stay away from her.

I think she's going to be a good addition to the household. I'm already pretty fond of her, but I will tell you that she really is a little diva! You can see it in everything that she does.

We wanted a senior, because we're seniors, and we wanted someone to know that their cat was rescued and loved. So she'll have the rest of her life with us to be spoiled.

Diane56Victor 09-13-2020 05:31 PM

She's lovely, I can see why shes called Guinness!

DirtyCoconuts 09-13-2020 06:01 PM

She’s beautiful and you are saints for saving a senior pet. Good on you. I think you will be quite rewarded in snuggles and face rubs

Dollythehun 09-13-2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyCoconuts (Post 936299)
She’s beautiful and you are saints for saving a senior pet. Good on you. I think you will be quite rewarded in snuggles and face rubs

Happening as I type.🤗

Leafmite 09-13-2020 09:20 PM

She is a beautiful kitty! So glad your family is now complete!

WaterWitchin 09-13-2020 09:21 PM

Good Lord Carol! I've seen previous pictures, but not in scale. She looks like a stinkin kitten... and has no idea of the blessing she recently received.

Nathan and Dolly.... meh, they'll deal with her. Or ignore. Either works, right?

Dollythehun 09-13-2020 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterWitchin (Post 936317)
Good Lord Carol! I've seen previous pictures, but not in scale. She looks like a stinkin kitten... and has no idea of the blessing she recently received.

Nathan and Dolly.... meh, they'll deal with her. Or ignore. Either works, right?

7.5 lbs. Tiny feet and legs. She's not cowed by Dolly and Nathan (the Prince) is as usual, a perfect gentleman. Dolly's drugged at the present but, she'll come around to acceptance. It all takes time.

DeaC 09-14-2020 11:58 AM

Kudos to you. I do recall you writing about Mr. Jackson. (Not admitting to being old,mind you). Yes,she does look kitten-ish and very beautiful and I'm all in with her name. A quirky thing I do is name my pets after favorite Indian foods. So lucky you found each other and more pix are always appreciated. TY :cat:

Dollythehun 09-14-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaC (Post 936368)
Kudos to you. I do recall you writing about Mr. Jackson. (Not admitting to being old,mind you). Yes,she does look kitten-ish and very beautiful and I'm all in with her name. A quirky thing I do is name my pets after favorite Indian foods. So lucky you found each other and more pix are always appreciated. TY :cat:

It's interesting how quickly she got spoiled. I didn't name her, apparently that was her name when she came to the shelter. She is a real "sassy pants." I just call her Diva. Both Dolly and Nathan know their names and come when you call them. Not this one. LOL

WaterWitchin 09-14-2020 05:31 PM

Good! You need a sassy pants Diva at your place! :biggrin: