Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Introductions - Break the Ice ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/introductions-break-the-ice-/)
-   -   Hello from Lakeland, FL! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/introductions-break-the-ice-/103925-hello-lakeland-fl.html)

knsrn 06-27-2020 11:41 AM

Hello from Lakeland, FL!

Hello everyone!

I'm a new orchid enthusiast and I've decided to join this wonderful forum to get more knowledge and experience.

I have two what I believe to be Phals, but I'm not sure. I confess, they were a mother's day gift last year that somehow survived my initial inexperience and then outright neglect in my despondence over failing. They honestly seemed to do better when I left them alone...:_(

But I'm trying again and hope with this forum as a resource to fare better.

I have a (supposedly) Dendrobium Kingianum on the way and I am eyeing a Haraella retrocalla like no one's business.

On a side note, non-orchid related, I recently got a Crinkle Ness African Violet that I'm giddy over. It's so freaking cute!

A big shout out to anyone in FL and an enthusiastic Hello the rest of the board!

estación seca 06-27-2020 11:56 AM

Welcome to the Orchid Board!

When you have made 5 posts the software will let you upload photos. We look forward to seeing your plants.

knsrn 06-27-2020 12:02 PM

Thank you for the info estación seca!

I am building up the courage to post pictures- my poor orchids are not in the best shape. But that's sorta the whole point of joining the forum :) Trying to learn more to help them grow!

DeaC 06-29-2020 02:13 PM

Hey there! Florida=orchids. You can do this. Read what the good folks here have to say and check out the Forum section. BTW,just googled your violet and color is a knock-out. Should a Vanda be in your future that color will come up in your searches,or close to it. :biggrin:

knsrn 06-29-2020 07:43 PM

Thank you DeaC!

I am working up the courage to start asking questions but I have already learned so much just by reading old threads! I'm very excited to find people to talk with my new hobby about!:D

DirtyCoconuts 06-29-2020 09:09 PM

welcome and welcome

no need for any courage...there are nothing but good folks here and you are among friends

realoldbeachbum 06-29-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knsrn (Post 927264)
Thank you DeaC!

I am working up the courage to start asking questions but I have already learned so much just by reading old threads! I'm very excited to find people to talk with my new hobby about!:D

Welcome Knsrn. Yes, this Orchid Board contains a wealth of information and experts actually answer your questions. I, too, am new to growing orchids. Be careful -- it can lead to an addiction:blushing: ROBB