Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Vendor Feedback (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vendor-feedback/)
-   -   Rogue Orchids / Brent Baker (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vendor-feedback/103476-rogue-orchids-brent-baker.html)

hypostatic 05-16-2020 11:53 PM

Rogue Orchids / Brent Baker

This is a review of Rogue Orchids, at rogueorchids.com . The name of the grower and owner is Brent Baker.

I bought two plants from Rogue Orchids. My order was shipped quickly after it was placed. The orchids were perfectly packaged, and they arrived in excellent condition. The orchids were in impeccable health. Additionally, the orchids were very nicely priced. I'd give the vendor a 10/10 -- I definitely plan on buying again from Rogue Orchids.

Some of the orchids listed for sale come in two sizes (eg 3" and 4" pots). Pro tip: spend a couple extra bucks on the larger size. The larger size orchid was huuuuuge! I've definitely paid substantially more for smaller comparable orchids.

My only regret is that I didn't buy MORE plants from Rogue Orchids in my first order!

Roberta 05-17-2020 12:58 AM

Good to know... there are some interesting things on their website. The website doesn't give a location, but I'm guessing from the phone number that they're actually close to me (714 area code). Does the return address on your order give a city? I'm always looking for show vendors and society speakers, so if this is a local (to me) resource that would great to know.

wisdomseeker 05-17-2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypostatic (Post 921406)
This is a review of Rogue Orchids, at rogueorchids.com . The name of the grower and owner is Brent Baker.
I bought two plants from Rogue Orchids. My order was shipped quickly after it was placed. The orchids were perfectly packaged, and they arrived in excellent condition. The orchids were in impeccable health. Additionally, the orchids were very nicely priced. I'd give the vendor a 10/10 -- I definitely plan on buying again
from Rogue Orchids.
Some of the orchids listed for sale come in two sizes (eg 3" and 4" pots). Pro tip: spend a couple extra bucks on the larger size. The larger size orchid was huuuuuge! I've definitely paid substantially more for smaller comparable orchids.
My only regret is that I didn't buy MORE plants from Rogue Orchids in my first order!

Agree. Acquired a few of his bulbo & sarco crosses in years past (they have matured into really nice plants). I'm sure there is some hidden meaning behind "Rogue".

I know Brent did a brief bio about himself on his website... the following quotes have remained on my front burner: "I encountered my first orchid by accident at a mall that was holding an annual orchid show and was instantly hooked, the orchid was a Paphiopedilum. I was told by the individual selling the plant that it would be too difficult for me to learn and basically was not given the time of day."

DeaC 05-17-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberta (Post 921413)
Good to know... there are some interesting things on their website. The website doesn't give a location, but I'm guessing from the phone number that they're actually close to me (714 area code). Does the return address on your order give a city? I'm always looking for show vendors and society speakers, so if this is a local (to me) resource that would great to know.

Hello Roberta...thought you'd like to know that this vendor is called "disanuts" on Ebay,if that helps. :lol:

Roberta 05-17-2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaC (Post 921450)
Hello Roberta...thought you'd like to know that this vendor is called "disanuts" on Ebay,if that helps. :lol:

Thanks! That's also the email address on the website, I can just send him an email.

hypostatic 05-17-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberta (Post 921413)

Unfortunately I ordered a few weeks back, and don't have the boxes anymore

camille1585 05-17-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberta (Post 921453)
Thanks! That's also the email address on the website, I can just send him an email.

Some sleuthing online with the phone number seems to suggest that it is located in Anaheim, CA. But yeah, emailing is probabaly the best way to know!

Roberta 05-17-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camille1585 (Post 921465)
Some sleuthing online with the phone number seems to suggest that it is located in Anaheim, CA. But yeah, emailing is probabaly the best way to know!

That's what made me suspect that he's local to me... Sometimes people keep a cell phone with a number from some other place they have lived, since typically there's no such thing as a "long distance call" any more. But there are a couple of other clues in the About section that's he still in this area. I'll just inquire directly.

isurus79 05-17-2020 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaC (Post 921450)

He used to be pretty active on this site as "disanuts" as well!

farley101 05-20-2020 10:35 PM

I had inquired with him a few weeks ago about a larger size plant that I was looking for and haven't heard back. Time to try again it seems. He has a nice assortment available and it's not an urgent request so it's not a major thing. Yet. 😆