Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Cymbidium Alliance (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/cymbidium-alliance/)
-   -   sick cymbidium (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/cymbidium-alliance/103137-sick-cymbidium.html)

nirsha 04-16-2020 03:38 AM

sick cymbidium

my cybidium is sick , please advise me how I can salvage it. I have removed it from the potting mix which consisted of bark and charcoal.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/f...YOz8UbRc3-H8fv

aliceinwl 04-16-2020 03:47 AM

Pictures would help, but if that’s not possible can you describe the condition of the roots and leaves? It would also help to know about your watering and fertilizing regime and what your temperature and lightning is like.

nirsha 04-16-2020 08:19 AM

I want to post a picture but I dont know how. The roots look all black and rotted, i cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide and its sitting in a glass cup. the bulb is still green but i removed the wilting leaf. on one of the bulbs the leaves are still alright but weak and spindly.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

The plant remains outdoors, i have been watering on a dry day and also spraying with organic fertilizer.

DirtyCoconuts 04-16-2020 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nirsha (Post 917357)
I want to post a picture but I dont know how. The roots look all black and rotted, i cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide and its sitting in a glass cup. the bulb is still green but i removed the wilting leaf. on one of the bulbs the leaves are still alright but weak and spindly.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

The plant remains outdoors, i have been watering on a dry day and also spraying with organic fertilizer.

what did you clean with H2O2? if you cleaned the roots they will probably not recover and you will need the plant to grow new roots to be able to take up water.

rbarata 04-16-2020 04:17 PM

Without photos is difficult to help. Cymbs have ugly leaves, especially when grown outdoors, so that might be the case.
One more thing...never apply H2O2 on the roots. It will kill them.
To post photos...do you store them only in any site?
If so, click on the button with an image and paste the photo link in the opening window.

Cym Ladye 04-17-2020 06:18 PM

Why did you think it was sick? What were the symptoms? Now that it is out of the pot, get a pot only large enough to hold the bulbs. Remove any soft rotten roots. Place what remains in the pot with a bark/perlite mix, burying the bulbs lower 1/3. Prop up with a skewer if necessary. Take outside, place in shade and keep an eye on it. Water weekly.

There are other things you can do but without a photo and it already being out of the pot, this is the easiest and most expedient.

Roberta 04-17-2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nirsha (Post 917357)
I want to post a picture but I dont know how.

To post a photo, below the dialog box for Quick Reply, click on Go Advanced.
Scroll down to Manage Attachments. Click on that. A pop-up window will appear. Browse to the photo that you want to upload and Select it. Then click Upload when you have all the photos that you want to post selected.
Then Submit Reply.

SouthPark 04-21-2020 11:27 PM

nirsha ..... some details contained in the tips below may be helpful to you.

Click Here and Click Here and Click Here.

Cym Ladye 04-26-2020 09:11 PM

Gold Coast Cymbidium Growers, a branch of the Cymbidium Society of America, have a free Repotting Guide if you will send an email to them at goldcoastcymgrowers@gmail.com. It should answer all your questions and then some!

Many of the readers on this Forum have found this Guide very useful.

SouthPark 04-27-2020 01:41 AM

I was so surprised about seeing the words 'Gold Coast Cymbidium Growers' hahaha. We have a place called Gold Coast over here too, in Australia, with some well known suburb within this region called Surfers Paradise. I initially thought it was our Australian Gold Coast.