Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Identification Forum (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/identification-forum/)
-   -   possible mini pink phal needs identifying (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/identification-forum/101322-mini-pink-phal-identifying.html)

Katrina33 09-13-2019 10:04 AM

possible mini pink phal needs identifying

how do I post a photo?

Swimmingorchids 09-13-2019 10:07 AM

there is a paperholder icon at the top of a new post next to a smiley face.

If you click on that you can pick a file stored on your computer. Hit upload. close the window.

Then click on the paper clip again and select your picture.

However whichever phal it will be it will be practically impossible to identify it from all the no name hybrids out there

Katrina33 09-14-2019 03:11 PM

need some id on this pink mini orchid

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure if this is even a phal? Anyone know or have any ideas what it is and if it can be identified?Attachment 139701

Ray 09-14-2019 03:23 PM

It could be a Phalaenopsis equestris, but is more likely a hybrid of it. Kinda hard to say from that photo.

Roberta 09-14-2019 03:23 PM

It is definitely a Phalaenopsis. However, there are many hybrids that look similar, so a definitive ID is impossible. (from the colors, i would guess probably not the species Phal equestris, though that species is certainly in its background) It will remain a NOID. It is certainly a lovely one. These mini-Phals give lots of flowers in a small space, and often produce branches that bloom after the first group of flower is done, completely delightful.

Welcome to the OB! This is a great place to come for information to help you care for this orchid, so that it thrives and gives you flowers for years to come.

Mountaineer370 09-14-2019 03:56 PM

That tag that is in the pot, was that there when you got it? Just wondering, as it looks similar to the types of tags that are often included with orchids that come from big box stores, grocery stores, etc., that tells you who the grower was. Sometimes, people are advised to contact the grower, if one is identified, to see if they can be of any help. I can tell you I tried this one time with a NoID I got from Lowe's, and they basically told me they grow hundreds of different hybrids and would have no way of telling me what I have, even with a picture and telling them exactly what store I got it from and exactly when. So that may or may not be something you would want to pursue; but, honestly, I think your best bet is to just enjoy it as a cute NoID Phalaenopsis that will brighten up your home. :)

Katrina33 09-22-2019 10:53 AM

Identifying mini phal

Thanks for all the replies. The info gives me something to go on!!