Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Cattleya Alliance (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/cattleya-alliance/)
-   -   Rlc George King 'Serendipity' (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/cattleya-alliance/100761-rlc-george-king-serendipity.html)

JScott 06-10-2019 04:03 PM

Rlc George King 'Serendipity'

4 Attachment(s)
This is the first bloom for this plant which I bought from Odom's about a year ago, and it's very nice, especially for a first bloom. Two flowers, about 7 inches each. The first two pictures show the flowers right after they opened five days ago, and the second two pictures are from today, and you can see how the color of the flowers has developed from cotton candy pink to a rich peach as they aged. They have a very nice kind of citrus fragrance which is strongest in the afternoon.

SouthPark 06-10-2019 06:44 PM

Very nice indeed! Wonderful pink and contrasting lip. Nice colour transformation too.

JS .... did you also manage to acquire the Rlc George King 'Serendipity m. Southern Cross'?

JScott 06-10-2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthPark (Post 897542)
Very nice indeed! Wonderful pink and contrasting lip. Nice colour transformation too.

JS .... did you also manage to acquire the Rlc George King 'Serendipity m. Southern Cross'?

I saw 'Southern Cross' for sale once, and I didn't buy it. I wish I had, because I have not seen it offered since. It doesn't appear to be a popular as 'Serendipity'. So no, I don't have it, but yes I want it 😁

MarinaDC 06-11-2019 01:39 PM

Very nice! I also bought mine from Odom. It produced 2 sheaths and now it just sits there. How long did it take for buds to develop? Did yours start with an empty sheath?

JScott 06-11-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarinaDC (Post 897572)
Very nice! I also bought mine from Odom. It produced 2 sheaths and now it just sits there. How long did it take for buds to develop? Did yours start with an empty sheath?

The previous growth had a sheath, but never bloomed. This growth that bloomed rested for a short period first, but not very long. It was maybe just a few weeks after the growth was mature until I noticed the sheath swelling with buds.

Darell220883 10-27-2019 08:24 AM

George king 'Southern cross'

3 Attachment(s)
I have this for years I have never seen it here at all with other orchid hobbyists

nobile7 11-02-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darell220883 (Post 903976)
I have this for years I have never seen it here at all with other orchid hobbyists

Absolutely beautiful. :)

MarinaDC 11-20-2020 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarinaDC (Post 897572)

And to answer my own question - both sheaths bloomed in July! (January to July) LOL

SouthPark 11-20-2020 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarinaDC (Post 942867)
And to answer my own question - both sheaths bloomed in July! (January to July) LOL

Wonderful flowering and very nice background settings too!

SouthPark 11-20-2020 08:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I purchased a juvenile 'Serendipity', and it's going to take quite a while hehehehe. But that's ok! Nice to have a chance to grow one.