Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Introductions - Break the Ice ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/introductions-break-the-ice-/)
-   -   Growing my love with Neofinetia falcata (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/introductions-break-the-ice-/100529-growing-love-neofinetia-falcata.html)

greenvalley 05-14-2019 12:32 PM

Growing my love with Neofinetia falcata

Hello, I am new here. Greetings to you all.

I had first purchased a Neofinetia falcata Shutennou in the Santa Barbara Orchid Show back in 2015 and have been collecting them since. I have more than 10 plants now and this year they all have new tips growing and maybe some flowers too.

I want to share my joy with you and learn from you at the same time.

Nice meeting you all.

bjmac 05-14-2019 05:18 PM

Welcome to the OB. The collecting of neos can be very addictive, but a lot of fun.

IngieBee 05-21-2019 01:29 AM

I just learned about Neofinetia falcata Shutennou from your post and running off to look them up :) Do any of them do well with heat? LOL I'm in Southern California, pretty hot in the Summer here in the Valley!

Mountaineer370 05-21-2019 09:35 PM

Welcome to the board!

greenvalley 05-22-2019 12:23 AM

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by IngieBee (Post 896497)
I just learned about Neofinetia falcata Shutennou from your post and running off to look them up :) Do any of them do well with heat? LOL I'm in Southern California, pretty hot in the Summer here in the Valley!

Shutennou is a very beautiful plant. My Shutennou was my first neofinetia falcata. Its red/purple flowers omitted a fragrance that I couldn't describe with words. I don't have the plant anymore. I was not able to replace it yet. Somehow I kept that in my office. The dry air made it very easy to grow. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaineer370 (Post 896551)
Welcome to the board!

Thank you for your kind welcome.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjmac (Post 896214)
Welcome to the OB. The collecting of neos can be very addictive, but a lot of fun.

Thank you for your warm welcome. "Addictive" is a right word for me at this point. I now have 21 kinds of Neofinetia falcata and want more. (No need to say, a lot of money and time spending on this collection, but, el corazon es contento. I am happy that I had found this Board.

camille1585 05-22-2019 03:52 PM

Welcome to orchidboard! I guess you've seen that we have an entire subforum just to talk about Neos. They truly are an addiction within the addiction! I have a dozen of them, and love everything about them. And want more, and more!

Do you have any photos of your orchids to share with us? We always like seeing what other members are growing. :)

greenvalley 05-22-2019 07:50 PM

My plants

3 Attachment(s)
I have moved my neos to my office where I can get three hours solid afternoon sun. With the low humidity and good air circulation, my plants grow this year. So I am happy.

greenvalley 05-22-2019 07:55 PM

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by camille1585 (Post 896593)
Welcome to orchidboard! I guess you've seen that we have an entire subforum just to talk about Neos. They truly are an addiction within the addiction! I have a dozen of them, and love everything about them. And want more, and more!

Do you have any photos of your orchids to share with us? We always like seeing what other members are growing. :)

Thank you for your remarks. I just uploaded three pictures of my neos to "THIS" message, so you can see. I am very happy to join this forum where I can see some many beautiful flower pictures from other members, AND, learn a lot...