Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Parts & Equipment (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/parts-and-equipment/)
-   -   woman friendly Weed eater (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/parts-and-equipment/100118-woman-friendly-weed-eater.html)

Krobertz 03-15-2019 10:06 PM

woman friendly Weed eater

Any recommendations on women friendly weed eater? I need heavy duty but want one that is easy to start and not terribly heavy, does such a thing exist?

fishmom 03-16-2019 12:06 AM

Any electric will be easy to start, although a battery pack will add weight. Corded will be lighter. A model with a moveable handle on the middle of the long shaft helps balance the weight to your height and makes a big difference in fatigue and how long you can keep going.

We have one like this:STIHL Electric Trimmers | STIHL USA

Subrosa 03-16-2019 04:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This model is self starting, and as long as they're nice to it, it will be friendly to both men and women. But you might not want to turn your back on it!

WaterWitchin 03-16-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subrosa (Post 893578)
This model is self starting, and as long as they're nice to it, it will be friendly to both men and women. But you might not want to turn your back on it!

I am a woman, and can attest to how pleasurable and efficient these are. I own two of a different model than this one. A bit smaller, but still very effective.

orchidsarefun 03-16-2019 10:05 AM

In my household ( and the neighborhood ) HoneyDo is the most popular. Not gender specific, works equally well.

Mr.Fakename 12-06-2020 05:44 PM

Not sure that's the answer you're looking for, but here we just lay dark plastic cover sheets on weeds.

The combined action of the sun raising the temperatures and lack of light kills them in no time and requires virtually no work.

DirtyCoconuts 12-06-2020 11:23 PM

You say heavy duty, what does that mean?

I have a ryobi weed whacker that fits the battery line and I use it every week for about 100’ of walk way where I will not allow the yard workers to cut. Too much to lose if they are as incompetent as, well, as they are.

I would recommend it to anyone for limited and normal use.

If I had to clear a field of 3’ grass...it would not be my first choice.

There are some really light corded ones with good torque but if you have a job far from the house/ electrical socket, low gauge extension cords are crazy expensive. Like 75-100$ for a 100’ or more. So factor that in

For batteries, I have like 5. If you are going that route expect to either Roy work 30/45 minutes at a time or get a few batteries but that gets pricey fast. Craigslist and letgo are good for this

Gas powered is the heaviest, strongest, loudest and most dangerous. But they are the standard, are available in all configurations and cheap used

How large are you (height, I would never ask a lady...) and is the concern about your strength or some other considerations? Not meaning to be nosy, just trying to gather sa much info as I can to be helpful

WaterWitchin 12-07-2020 09:48 AM

Y'all do realize this is coming close to a two year old thread, right? Just pointing it out. The OP has likely already found a weed whacker...