I understand your concerns, however. I wouldn't want rbarata carted off over a trapped lizard.Totally off topic...
The biggest lizards we have here is Lacerta lepida
. Where I live now I never saw it but in my youth I spent most of the time in the bushes, a kind of habitat that is known in the states as chaparral. I saw dozens of them, some were a meter long (3,3 ff) and when threatened they stand up in the back paws and hiss.
Anyway, I don't plan to use this net outside so...
Now, back on topic... the reppoting is done.
I don't have good conditions to do these things at home, I don't have a garden so it's always a mess. But I think I've done the essential correctly.
Took some photos.
This is the plant before the "operation".
Thos long roots are half a meter long (20 in) and suprisingly they didn't pose any difficulties because when reppoting they go to their natural position, growing out of the basket.
I decided to use bark only, coarse bark with the smallest pieces not less than 5 cm (2 in). I spent half an hour choosing the biggest pieces from a 20 l bag. Got a back pain too.
I didn't find many dead roots. They were at the center of the pot but were only 2 or 3, which I cut. All the other were green (I had to wet them to release old bark) or brown, but the brown ones were rigid and not mushy so I didn't cut those.
Couldn't remove all the old bark because it was strongly attached to the roots so half of it went to the basket.
Final work. I think the bark I used was way too much large but I think the plant won't mind. I'll have to water it more often but at least it won't decay prematurely.
There was a void at the center of the root mass but I've put a few pieces of cork inside. But the void it's still there whi I think won't be a problem.
Also had to repot twice because the first time the plant moved sideways in the basket and was not in it's natural position. Now it's like it was before.
Comments, please, as well as advises for the future regarding care.