A Fertilizer Discussion Reprise
Login
User Name
Password   


Registration is FREE. Click to become a member of OrchidBoard community
(You're NOT logged in)

menu menu

Sponsor
Donate Now
and become
Forum Supporter.

A Fertilizer Discussion Reprise
Many perks!
<...more...>


Sponsor
 

Google


Fauna Top Sites
LOG IN/REGISTER TO CLOSE THIS ADVERTISEMENT
  #21  
Old 10-11-2021, 06:33 PM
spes1959@gmail.com spes1959@gmail.com is offline
Jr. Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Florence (Italy)
Posts: 10
A Fertilizer Discussion Reprise Male
Default Epsom salt and NCa

Ray in your article ‘Do-It-Yourself K-Lite’ you write to mix Akerne’s Rain Mix, calcium nitrate, Epsom Salts but I Know that calcium nitraste and Edson Salts are not miscible and precipitate in solution. are you sure ?
__________________
SPES by Florence (Italy)
  #22  
Old 10-11-2021, 10:07 PM
Ray's Avatar
Ray Ray is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: May 2005
Member of:AOS
Location: Oak Island NC
Posts: 13,003
A Fertilizer Discussion Reprise Male
Default

Mix them dry - they are the secondary additives, after all - then when put into solution (a dilute one), there will be no issue.
__________________
Ray Barkalow, Orchid Iconoclast
FIRSTRAYS.COM
  #23  
Old 10-12-2021, 03:54 AM
spes1959@gmail.com spes1959@gmail.com is offline
Jr. Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Florence (Italy)
Posts: 10
A Fertilizer Discussion Reprise Male
Default

Thank you Ray
__________________
SPES by Florence (Italy)
  #24  
Old 10-12-2021, 11:08 AM
Shadeflower's Avatar
Shadeflower Shadeflower is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 745
A Fertilizer Discussion Reprise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isurus79 View Post
Wow, you might want to reconsider who has been spewing wrong information on this site. You've got quite the hit list just this week alone...
This site should be about helping other people.

Actually this site is just about bragging about one's perceived skills.

But Stephen, go on, prove what I got wrong a couple of weeks ago. Go on. I am genuinely curious as an experienced grower to hear what I got wrong. Enlighten me. If I get something wrong then I generally put my hand up. And we all make mistakes. Even scientists. And the bottom line is that we are constantly trying to figure out how plants grow and still have a long way to go. If anyone thinks they know all there is to know about plants they clearly haven't been growing long enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
Shadeflower should have been a politician - neither facts nor context matter.
I am actually a politician... I know why you say this though because you don't understand much of how the world works so you seem to think politicians don't use facts. Of course we use facts.

That is why I have a problem with you. Your facts are all over the place. And then you start insulting others instead of awknowledging you could possibly be wrong. You admit all the time in hindsight how you got something wrong in the past but you are never wrong in the present. How any beginner is meant to learn from you is beyond me.

You just make up numbers to suit what you say. So if your definition is to constantly get facts wrong then maybe you should have become a politician.

But I will praise you where praise is due, nobody has managed to sell as much orchid boosters as you have without any evidence that any of them work.

So another sign you should have gone up against Trump instead of Biden. You would have sold people on godknows what, you probably would have invented semi-politics to get you going.

Anyway now people know the truth at least.

If you still don't believe me, well Ray didn't even bother to fix the mistake I pointed out but to prove my point I will highlight another example where Ray just botches numbers together to come to the conclusions he wants to have:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
If our fertilizer contains no magnesium, and we want to add that same 0.071gram per gallon using Epsom Salt, we would need 0.071g ÷ 0.10 = 0.71g of Epsom Salt per gallon of solution.
As can be seen here: Magnesium Supplementation › First Rays LLC

So let me ask everyone, since when was 0.071 grams ÷ 0.10 = 0.71g?

But this is why I left and still have left. Why most good growers eventually leave OB

Anyone left will be the expert remaining but that doesn't mean much as we can see now.

I never meant to argue or annoy. I wanted to find the truth.

But finding the truth means disagreeing with wrong information and if that wrong information comes from Ray 90% of the time that is a bit of a problem.

But hey its me. So everyone grow orchids as well as Ray.

How good are the orchids Ray grows? No clue, he never shows them and up till recently he was feeding so badly he wasn't getting many blooms according to his own admissions on past mistakes.

I was once a beginner too, there is no shame in that. We all start off as beginners but to insist one never makes mistakes and constantly has to insult other members to discredit them is just pathetic.

Yes that makes me pathetic and the reason I have left.

So peace out my friends. I hope it encourages you all to do your own research and conclusions and not just trust the person selling these products that they are what you need.
  #25  
Old 10-12-2021, 01:04 PM
isurus79's Avatar
isurus79 isurus79 is offline
Senior Member
American Orchid Society Judge
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Zone: 8b
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 41
Posts: 9,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeflower View Post

Yes that makes me pathetic and the reason I have left.
Yes, clearly you've left.
__________________
Stephen Van Kampen-Lewis

Pics on Flickr

Instagram

YouTube
  #26  
Old 10-12-2021, 01:11 PM
Fairorchids's Avatar
Fairorchids Fairorchids is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Zone: 6a
Location: Maplewood, NJ
Posts: 2,468
A Fertilizer Discussion Reprise Male
Default

So let me ask everyone, since when was 0.071 grams ÷ 0.10 = 0.71g?


You are right. You ARE a politician, since your basic arithmetic stinks. 0.071 / 0.10 actually does equal 0.71.
__________________
Kim (Fair Orchids)

Founder of SPCOP (Society to Prevention of Cruelty to Orchid People), with the goal of barring the taxonomists from tinkering with established genera!

I am neither a 'lumper' nor a 'splitter', but I refuse to re-write millions of labels.
Post Thanks / Like - 4 Likes
  #27  
Old 10-12-2021, 03:06 PM
tmoney's Avatar
tmoney tmoney is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2021
Zone: 8b
Location: Dusseldorf, DE
Posts: 308
A Fertilizer Discussion Reprise Male
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairorchids View Post
So let me ask everyone, since when was 0.071 grams ÷ 0.10 = 0.71g?


You are right. You ARE a politician, since your basic arithmetic stinks. 0.071 / 0.10 actually does equal 0.71.
i don’t know why im weighing in on this silliness, but to be fair even i had to sit and think about this for a minute....there’s like decimals and dividing and stuff. math is hard admittedly i had to do the math a couple times myself and thought i was wrong! hahahahah, but now ill return to my popcorn and my vacation
__________________
absolute noob....tmoney
  #28  
Old 10-12-2021, 03:34 PM
Dusty Ol' Man Dusty Ol' Man is offline
Senior Member
A Fertilizer Discussion Reprise
 

Join Date: Oct 2020
Zone: 10a
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
Age: 67
Posts: 561
Default



---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeflower View Post
So let me ask everyone, since when was 0.071 grams ÷ 0.10 = 0.71g?


Please stop crying about stuff here. Take it to a PM.
  #29  
Old 10-12-2021, 04:41 PM
WaterWitchin's Avatar
WaterWitchin WaterWitchin is offline
Super Moderator
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Zone: 6a
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,925
Default

Okay, indeed. I'm moving this thread to Orchid Lounge, and closing it. It's far afield of having much to do with orchids, even after moving it. Take it to FaceBook, Reddit, Instagram, Snapchat... take it anywhere away from where I have to moderate.

Y'all have a nice day.
__________________
Caveat: Everything suggested is based on my environment and culture. Please adjust accordingly.
Post Thanks / Like - 4 Likes
Likes Fuerte Rav, rbarata, Roberta, tmoney liked this post
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about fertilizer mixer and fertilizer schedule. BrassavolaStars Beginner Discussion 1 08-26-2019 04:55 PM
Fertilizer Measuring TDS EC Osmolality Osmolarity Water Quality estación seca Beginner Discussion 2 08-20-2017 08:30 AM
Amazing New Fertilizer ronaldhanko Scientific Matters 120 06-12-2015 01:20 PM
What the MSU fertilizer looks like? newflasker Advanced Discussion 27 08-04-2012 05:06 AM
Thoughts on fertilizer. Team Ferret Beginner Discussion 34 07-28-2008 08:47 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:44 PM.

© 2007 OrchidBoard.com
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.37 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Clubs vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.