Lc. Miss Wonderful, Orchid Project, Summer 2015
Login
User Name
Password   


Registration is FREE. Click to become a member of OrchidBoard community
(You're NOT logged in)

menu menu

Sponsor
Donate Now
and become
Forum Supporter.

Lc. Miss Wonderful, Orchid Project, Summer 2015
Many perks!
<...more...>


Sponsor
 

Google


Fauna Top Sites
LOG IN/REGISTER TO CLOSE THIS ADVERTISEMENT
  #11  
Old 06-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Tim P. Tim P. is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Zone: 4b
Location: Cedar County Nebraska. Zone 4
Posts: 339
Lc. Miss Wonderful, Orchid Project, Summer 2015 Male
Default

Yes... I'm sure they will get to your house long before Friday rolls around.

I was under the impression that these were gunna be compact... I may regret ordering three lol. I hope my eyes are deceiving me. I never was a good judge of size from pictures
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-27-2015, 04:21 PM
gngrhill's Avatar
gngrhill gngrhill is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2014
Zone: 4a
Location: New York state
Posts: 1,496
Default

Mine also should be here Wed. I have two different Miss Wonderfuls and added a Sarco and a Den. Australian Artist. Can't wait. The pictures you guys have posted so far look like the plants are much bigger than I expected.
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes wintergirl liked this post
  #13  
Old 06-27-2015, 04:55 PM
Bulbofett Bulbofett is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Zone: 8a
Location: Charleston, SC
Age: 30
Posts: 601
Lc. Miss Wonderful, Orchid Project, Summer 2015 Female
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim P. View Post
Yes... I'm sure they will get to your house long before Friday rolls around.

I was under the impression that these were gunna be compact... I may regret ordering three lol. I hope my eyes are deceiving me. I never was a good judge of size from pictures
These definitely don't look like compact growers, you are right. I have several compact growers and this "seedling" dwarfs them lol. I hope this is the biggest they get though.
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes wintergirl liked this post
  #14  
Old 06-27-2015, 05:22 PM
Tim P. Tim P. is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Zone: 4b
Location: Cedar County Nebraska. Zone 4
Posts: 339
Lc. Miss Wonderful, Orchid Project, Summer 2015 Male
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbofett View Post
These definitely don't look like compact growers, you are right. I have several compact growers and this "seedling" dwarfs them lol. I hope this is the biggest they get though.
I hope so also. I wasn't planning on having a monster of a plant lol. But, if the flowers make up for the size I'll keep all three I think it would be amazing if I could get one awarded and give it a clonal name of my mother's 'violet'
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes wintergirl liked this post
  #15  
Old 06-27-2015, 07:33 PM
wintergirl wintergirl is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Zone: 5b
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 3,336
Default

Well I repotted my Miss Wonderful. The media was in good shape but I just have to do it The roots were very tight in that little pot and I had to use tweezers to get some of the media out. There is a clump of spag moss near base of plant, it was in good shape too. I repotted in chunky bark in a clear plastic pot with a lot of air holes. I put some marbles in the bottom to help with stability.

On a side note I bought a bag of Miracle Grow that was FULL of bugs. I will never use them again. This is the first time this has happened but I don't care, never again. Luckily my husband accidentally brought home a bag of Better-Gro special orchid mix and I used that for the first time. Some of the chips are pretty big, but nice and bug-free. I added some ground-up egg shells to top. Some pics of during and after:

DSCN0023.jpg

DSCN0026.jpg

DSCN0029.jpg
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes No-Pro-mwa liked this post
  #16  
Old 06-27-2015, 07:55 PM
Tim P. Tim P. is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Zone: 4b
Location: Cedar County Nebraska. Zone 4
Posts: 339
Lc. Miss Wonderful, Orchid Project, Summer 2015 Male
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintergirl View Post
Well I repotted my Miss Wonderful. The media was in good shape but I just have to do it The roots were very tight in that little pot and I had to use tweezers to get some of the media out. There is a clump of spag moss near base of plant, it was in good shape too. I repotted in chunky bark in a clear plastic pot with a lot of air holes. I put some marbles in the bottom to help with stability.

On a side note I bought a bag of Miracle Grow that was FULL of bugs. I will never use them again. This is the first time this has happened but I don't care, never again. Luckily my husband accidentally brought home a bag of Better-Gro special orchid mix and I used that for the first time. Some of the chips are pretty big, but nice and bug-free. I added some ground-up egg shells to top. Some pics of during and after:

Attachment 113630

Attachment 113631

Attachment 113632
Looks like a very happy repot. Fred said that he just repotted them so your observations seem to reinforce that.

You mentioned better grow... Their orchid mix is the only mix I use. The miracle grow seems to be a glorified peat mixture which is a death wish. I have had very good luck with better grow, and their Moss is very good also. I might try repotme.com, but they seem to be a little spendy for what I'm doing now. Just my .

Just so I don't lose my marbles when I unbox these, how large are they? Height wise? And did anyone get a spike at all in their hauls?
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes wintergirl liked this post
  #17  
Old 06-27-2015, 08:17 PM
No-Pro-mwa's Avatar
No-Pro-mwa No-Pro-mwa is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Zone: 4a
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 8,344
Lc. Miss Wonderful, Orchid Project, Summer 2015 Female
Default

Ok finally, I got mine ordered. I was trying so hard not to get to many. I am having a hard time taking care of what I have now. so I only ordered 7 wanted a paph really bad and didn't do it. Here's my list.

Lc.Miss Wonderful w/L.anceps Rustic Royalty
Pot. Toshie's Charm
Slc.Wasp Next 'Red Red'
Lc. Sergio Araujo (L. alaorii x C. trianae
Gur. aurantiaca 'Mishima Spots x Mishima Spots 2
C. Leoloddiglossa x bicolor coerulea SVO Blue
__________________
Shannon
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes wintergirl liked this post
  #18  
Old 06-27-2015, 08:22 PM
wintergirl wintergirl is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Zone: 5b
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 3,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim P. View Post
Looks like a very happy repot.

Just so I don't lose my marbles when I unbox these, how large are they? Height wise? And did anyone get a spike at all in their hauls?
(sniped by me)

Thanks The largest growth is 11 inches from base of plant (not including roots). No spikes on mine but all have active growths and 2 have probable sheaths. I'm happy.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Pro-mwa View Post
Ok finally, I got mine ordered. I was trying so hard not to get to many. I am having a hard time taking care of what I have now. so I only ordered 7 wanted a paph really bad and didn't do it. Here's my list.

Lc.Miss Wonderful w/L.anceps Rustic Royalty
Pot. Toshie's Charm
Slc.Wasp Next 'Red Red'
Lc. Sergio Araujo (L. alaorii x C. trianae
Gur. aurantiaca 'Mishima Spots x Mishima Spots 2
C. Leoloddiglossa x bicolor coerulea SVO Blue
Too funny! Oh, you only listing 6? What is the secret one
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes No-Pro-mwa liked this post
  #19  
Old 06-27-2015, 08:36 PM
No-Pro-mwa's Avatar
No-Pro-mwa No-Pro-mwa is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Zone: 4a
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 8,344
Lc. Miss Wonderful, Orchid Project, Summer 2015 Female
Default

well I'm a dummy and the special one is.................drum roll please...................

C. walkeriana 4N

Hahahahaha

Oh hay I just went back and looked and we got the same walkeriana ........ way funny.
__________________
Shannon

Last edited by No-Pro-mwa; 06-27-2015 at 08:45 PM..
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes wintergirl liked this post
  #20  
Old 06-27-2015, 08:50 PM
wintergirl wintergirl is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Zone: 5b
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 3,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Pro-mwa View Post
well I'm a dummy and the special one is.................drum roll please...................

C. walkeriana 4N

Hahahahaha

Oh hay I just went back and looked and we got the same walkeriana ........ way funny.
I was going to say I bought that one lol! We have good taste
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes No-Pro-mwa liked this post
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
blooms, hopeful, orchid, project, thread, summer, miss, wonderful


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spring 2015 plant project: FINAL VOTE! (PARTICIPANTS ONLY) camille1585 Member Projects 102 05-06-2015 05:29 PM
NJOS Summer Orchid Auction - Aug 8 cbuchman Orchid Show Announcements 0 07-24-2013 02:14 PM
Summer project 2012- Plant suggestions camille1585 Member Projects 127 04-18-2013 02:50 AM
Scott's new and exciting orchid project... ScottMcC Contests & Polls 10 07-29-2012 10:14 PM
Summer 2009 Project - Poll(Interm.) flhiker Member Projects 107 08-19-2009 02:04 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 PM.

© 2007 OrchidBoard.com
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.37 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Clubs vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.