Dendrobium loddigesii (Project 10 Cool - Spring 2010)
Login
User Name
Password   


Registration is FREE. Click to become a member of OrchidBoard community
(You're NOT logged in)

menu menu

Sponsor
Donate Now
and become
Forum Supporter.

Dendrobium loddigesii (Project 10 Cool - Spring 2010)
Many perks!
<...more...>


Sponsor
 

Google


Fauna Top Sites
LOG IN/REGISTER TO CLOSE THIS ADVERTISEMENT
  #1  
Old 04-03-2010, 03:49 PM
flhiker flhiker is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Zone: 10b
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,671
Default Dendrobium loddigesii (Project 10 Cool - Spring 2010)

This is where you report your progress with the 2010 Spring project Plant "Cool" "Dendrobium loddigesii"

Thanks to everyone who participated in this project and look forward to reading your progress.

Last edited by flhiker; 02-07-2013 at 07:39 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Country Gramma Country Gramma is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Zone: 5b
Location: Central Mass, USA
Posts: 388
Default

I can't believe no one has had any thing to say in this thread yet.

Well let me start by saying YEAH!!! My project plants all came today (pics tomorrow).

My Den from Andy's is the cutest thing. It's mounted just like I wanted and looks like a very healthy plant. I can't wait to see it in flower. I hope to see it flower
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-09-2010, 11:29 PM
flhiker flhiker is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Zone: 10b
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Gramma View Post
I can't believe no one has had any thing to say in this thread yet.

Well let me start by saying YEAH!!! My project plants all came today (pics tomorrow).

My Den from Andy's is the cutest thing. It's mounted just like I wanted and looks like a very healthy plant. I can't wait to see it in flower. I hope to see it flower
Awesome, Since I will be getting mine from Andy's as well, I can't wait to see them.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2010, 09:12 PM
susiep susiep is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Zone: 10b
Location: Weston, Florida
Posts: 1,181
Default

Well, I have mine, too! I actually got 2 of them. I got the first one last weekend at the Flamingo Gardens Orchid Show. It was a tiny thing, but only $10 from a Venezuelan vendor. It is on a wire and the roots are wrapped in coconut fiber.

Then, yesterday I went down to Homestead for my 'warm' project plant and got another little den at Soroa Orchids. This one was $15. Canes are not as tall, but there are more of them. It is in a clay pot. I also got a free Phal equestris 'seedling' that is huge and actually has 2 plants in the pot. So, I did pretty good there for $15!

So, hopefully I will be able to get at least one to bloom!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4066.jpg (99.2 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4061.jpg (109.6 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4063.jpg (109.3 KB, 96 views)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-11-2010, 10:22 PM
flhiker flhiker is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Zone: 10b
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by susiep View Post
Well, I have mine, too! I actually got 2 of them. I got the first one last weekend at the Flamingo Gardens Orchid Show. It was a tiny thing, but only $10 from a Venezuelan vendor. It is on a wire and the roots are wrapped in coconut fiber.

Then, yesterday I went down to Homestead for my 'warm' project plant and got another little den at Soroa Orchids. This one was $15. Canes are not as tall, but there are more of them. It is in a clay pot. I also got a free Phal equestris 'seedling' that is huge and actually has 2 plants in the pot. So, I did pretty good there for $15!

So, hopefully I will be able to get at least one to bloom!
You did great! Do they always give free seedlings? You convinced me to go down, rather then order online.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-11-2010, 11:02 PM
susiep susiep is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Zone: 10b
Location: Weston, Florida
Posts: 1,181
Default

Thanks, Dave! No, I got a "free seedling with purchase" coupon for Soroa when I joined COS (Coalition for Orchid Species). I don't think they are doing the coupons any more.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Austin Powers Austin Powers is offline
Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Zone: 5a
Location: Alliston, Ontario
Age: 45
Posts: 60
Default

Picked up a cute little loddigesii today. It came mounted on a chunk of cork. It looks really small to me, but the grower said it is at a size that will bloom. Pics to follow. Is it best to post thumbs in the message??
Stephen
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Austin Powers Austin Powers is offline
Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Zone: 5a
Location: Alliston, Ontario
Age: 45
Posts: 60
Default

Here is a pic of one of my new project plants.
Stpehen
[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-15-2010, 01:53 PM
flhiker flhiker is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Zone: 10b
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Powers View Post
Here is a pic of one of my new project plants.
Stpehen
[IMG][/IMG]
Awesome I definitely getting one mounted
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Country Gramma Country Gramma is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Zone: 5b
Location: Central Mass, USA
Posts: 388
Default

Finally getting around to posting pics.

I love this plant. Got it from Andy's and it came mounted on a shingle. After much research I found it likes tree fern...so tree fern it is.

What do you think???

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cool, dendrobium, loddigesii, progress, project, spring


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rhynchostylis coelestis (Project 10 Warm - Spring 2010) flhiker Member Projects 144 04-12-2012 08:06 PM
Spring Project 2011 - First Plant Poll RosieC Member Projects 138 04-16-2011 05:47 PM
Project 7 (Mystery Project) - Final Plant List cb977 Member Projects 0 08-14-2008 04:26 PM
Neofinetia falcata (Project 6b - Spring 2008) - Photo Poll Discussions shakkai Member Projects 51 08-05-2008 10:32 PM
Project 6 - Plant List shakkai Member Projects 8 03-24-2008 10:36 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 AM.

© 2007 OrchidBoard.com
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.37 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Clubs vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.