Phalaenopsis Kuntrarti Rarashati
Login
User Name
Password   


Registration is FREE. Click to become a member of OrchidBoard community
(You're NOT logged in)

menu menu

Sponsor
Donate Now
and become
Forum Supporter.

Phalaenopsis Kuntrarti Rarashati
Many perks!
<...more...>


Sponsor
 

Google


Fauna Top Sites
LOG IN/REGISTER TO CLOSE THIS ADVERTISEMENT
  #21  
Old 10-26-2017, 04:38 AM
camille1585's Avatar
camille1585 camille1585 is online now
Super Moderator
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: middle of the Netherlands
Posts: 10,913
Default

In natural light the pink tinge comes out a bit better, but I don't like how washed out and faded the colors look. There are much better clones of this hybrid, and I'm going to keep an eye out for a better plant. I'm going to keep it because I have space for it, but I'm not happy that the vendor used such a misleading photo (which is taken from elsewhere and not his). If the photo has accurately shown what the blooms should look like, I wouldn't have bought it.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

As an aside, I have a Phal (Phal I-Hsin Salmon 'Copper Star') which has Phal Kuntrarti Rarashati as a parent, and I really, really like that one. Which may be why I had such high expectations when I got the KR. Looking forward to the blooms, it's in low spike right now.


Phal I-Hsin Salmon 'Copper Star'
by Camille, on Flickr
__________________
Camille

Completely orchid obsessed and loving every minute of it....

My Orchid Photos

Last edited by camille1585; 10-26-2017 at 04:41 AM..
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 2 Likes
Likes dangerouseddy, estación seca liked this post
  #22  
Old 10-26-2017, 05:24 AM
jcec1 jcec1 is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 638
Phalaenopsis Kuntrarti Rarashati
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camille1585 View Post
In natural light the pink tinge comes out a bit better, but I don't like how washed out and faded the colors look. There are much better clones of this hybrid, and I'm going to keep an eye out for a better plant. I'm going to keep it because I have space for it, but I'm not happy that the vendor used such a misleading photo (which is taken from elsewhere and not his). If the photo has accurately shown what the blooms should look like, I wouldn't have bought it.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

As an aside, I have a Phal (Phal I-Hsin Salmon 'Copper Star') which has Phal Kuntrarti Rarashati as a parent, and I really, really like that one. Which may be why I had such high expectations when I got the KR. Looking forward to the blooms, it's in low spike right now.


Phal I-Hsin Salmon 'Copper Star'
by Camille, on Flickr
That is a much nicer plant.

The vendor I bought from also used a picture of a really bright orange clone. I'm not sure if it was their fault, since my plant had not bloomed before, they could have been supplied the image by their supplier. It does make it a bit if a pain though as now I feel like I should be writing to suppliers and asking if that is a representative picture of the plant.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-05-2017, 02:55 AM
camille1585's Avatar
camille1585 camille1585 is online now
Super Moderator
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: middle of the Netherlands
Posts: 10,913
Default

Did your Phal Kuntrarti Rarashati also change colors? I was away for the first 2 weeks of November, and when I got back I was surprised to see that the blooms were not the same color. Instead of that weird rusty washed out color, they are now a nice shade of pastel yellow and the spots/stripes are now a light pink. Seems that the red/orange pigment faded to reveal more of the yellow undernearth. I like it a lot better now!
__________________
Camille

Completely orchid obsessed and loving every minute of it....

My Orchid Photos
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-05-2017, 07:00 AM
jcec1 jcec1 is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 638
Phalaenopsis Kuntrarti Rarashati
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camille1585 View Post
Did your Phal Kuntrarti Rarashati also change colors? I was away for the first 2 weeks of November, and when I got back I was surprised to see that the blooms were not the same color. Instead of that weird rusty washed out color, they are now a nice shade of pastel yellow and the spots/stripes are now a light pink. Seems that the red/orange pigment faded to reveal more of the yellow undernearth. I like it a lot better now!
Yes they have taken on a more pinkish hue, so definitely better. This is how it looks this morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Phalaenopsis Kuntrarti Rarashati-20171205_105431-jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-05-2017, 07:19 AM
camille1585's Avatar
camille1585 camille1585 is online now
Super Moderator
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: middle of the Netherlands
Posts: 10,913
Default

Yours retained more striping than mine, but otherwise they evolved similarly.
Attached Thumbnails
Phalaenopsis Kuntrarti Rarashati-lrm_export_20171205_121609-jpg  
__________________
Camille

Completely orchid obsessed and loving every minute of it....

My Orchid Photos
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-05-2017, 08:31 AM
jcec1 jcec1 is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 638
Phalaenopsis Kuntrarti Rarashati
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camille1585 View Post
Yours retained more striping than mine, but otherwise they evolved similarly.
Yes, they look better 'mature, did yours ever have any scent?
Mine didn't - I have a venosa that has a bacon scent and was hoping this might have come with this cross.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-05-2017, 09:14 AM
camille1585's Avatar
camille1585 camille1585 is online now
Super Moderator
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: middle of the Netherlands
Posts: 10,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcec1 View Post
Yes, they look better 'mature, did yours ever have any scent?
Mine didn't - I have a venosa that has a bacon scent and was hoping this might have come with this cross.
Absolutely nothing, and I sit next to it all day long at work.
__________________
Camille

Completely orchid obsessed and loving every minute of it....

My Orchid Photos
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-05-2017, 11:40 AM
jcec1 jcec1 is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 638
Phalaenopsis Kuntrarti Rarashati
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camille1585 View Post
Absolutely nothing, and I sit next to it all day long at work.
That's a real pity, seems like we got the same clone.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bigger, fence, flowers, orange, tiny


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why you can not id a phal hybrid dennis Identification Forum 11 11-06-2015 01:00 PM
Phalaenopsis Kuntrarti Rarashati 'Copperstate' HCC/AOS with bloom orchideya Hybrids 21 12-17-2011 06:41 PM
Phalaenopsis Kuntrarti Rarashati zxyqu Hybrids 8 11-22-2011 06:55 PM
Phalaenopsis Kuntrarti Rarashati Kelo Hybrids 16 05-04-2011 09:40 AM
Phalaenopsis Phylogeny philoserenus Hybrids 14 10-26-2009 09:20 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 AM.

© 2007 OrchidBoard.com
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.37 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Clubs vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.