Lights for growing cattleyas
Login
User Name
Password   


Registration is FREE. Click to become a member of OrchidBoard community
(You're NOT logged in)

menu menu

Sponsor
Donate Now
and become
Forum Supporter.

Lights for growing cattleyas
Many perks!
<...more...>


Sponsor
 

Google


Fauna Top Sites
LOG IN/REGISTER TO CLOSE THIS ADVERTISEMENT
  #21  
Old 09-10-2018, 01:44 PM
peters's Avatar
peters peters is offline
Jr. Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Lights for growing cattleyas
Default

I'd love to hear an update on this...I am in nyc also and am in the process of planning to setup lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompy View Post
Just to update everyone on my situation. I tried the sunblasters and they do not put out enough output for my use. I realize now, going through the thread that most people use sunblasters to supplement sunlight. In my case my windowsills are in heavy shade for most of the day. I did some research and figured that I needed at least 4 sunblaster lights running to get the kind of output to grow Catts. I ended up buying a COB LED light from Timber. The cost was cheaper than what I would have payed for 4 sunblasters. Still substantial (for me at least) but I figured might as well do it right. I'll update the thread with some pics once I have the entire thing setup
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-12-2018, 05:19 PM
stompy stompy is offline
Jr. Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 26
Lights for growing cattleyas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peters View Post
I'd love to hear an update on this...I am in nyc also and am in the process of planning to setup lights.
I have another light on order coming in next week. I will post a pic of my setup then. The light I have is fantastic. The plants are responding well and everything is a nice healthy green. I ended up badly burning a few leaves too. It's really super bright. It also does not put out any heat so I can touch the fixture after it has been on for 12hrs straight. Highly highly recommend these newer LED COB's
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-12-2018, 10:22 PM
peters's Avatar
peters peters is offline
Jr. Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Lights for growing cattleyas
Default

Which model are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompy View Post
I have another light on order coming in next week. I will post a pic of my setup then. The light I have is fantastic. The plants are responding well and everything is a nice healthy green. I ended up badly burning a few leaves too. It's really super bright. It also does not put out any heat so I can touch the fixture after it has been on for 12hrs straight. Highly highly recommend these newer LED COB's
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-08-2018, 03:45 PM
aerides aerides is offline
Jr. Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7
Lights for growing cattleyas
Default

[QUOTE=stompy;880012]Just to update everyone on my situation..... I did some research and figured that I needed at least 4 sunblaster lights running to get the kind of output to grow Catts. I ended up buying a COB LED light from Timber.

Stompy: I'm very grateful that you posted about Timber. I'm so excited by what I found on their website that it makes me wonder if I need a Real Life. But nevermind. I jumped the gun a few days ago on having a completed setup, and ordered a seedling Catt. trianae on faith. Now I think I might actually have a chance of bringing it along. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-08-2018, 04:29 PM
stompy stompy is offline
Jr. Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 26
Lights for growing cattleyas
Default

[QUOTE=aerides;886282]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stompy View Post
Just to update everyone on my situation..... I did some research and figured that I needed at least 4 sunblaster lights running to get the kind of output to grow Catts. I ended up buying a COB LED light from Timber.

Stompy: I'm very grateful that you posted about Timber. I'm so excited by what I found on their website that it makes me wonder if I need a Real Life. But nevermind. I jumped the gun a few days ago on having a completed setup, and ordered a seedling Catt. trianae on faith. Now I think I might actually have a chance of bringing it along. Thanks.
These lights really are fantastic. I have now sucessfully bloomed multiple Catt hybrids and even a Vanda. Very happy with them
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
direct, growing, light, lights, recommendations


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LED/CFL lights for Cattleyas Joelovefragrance Growing Under Lights 6 08-08-2017 12:56 AM
Thinking of growing year-round under lights.... Leafmite Growing Under Lights 43 12-03-2016 08:59 AM
Growing under lights: 2015 estación seca Growing Under Lights 12 06-05-2016 08:38 PM
Rays LED lights and light meter measurements smokinjoe52 Growing Under Lights 26 02-21-2016 05:49 PM
Cattleyas under lights? missann Advanced Discussion 16 01-18-2009 08:04 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 PM.

© 2007 OrchidBoard.com
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.37 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Clubs vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.