Phrag Memorial Dick Clements
Login
User Name
Password   


Registration is FREE. Click to become a member of OrchidBoard community
(You're NOT logged in)

menu menu

Sponsor
Donate Now
and become
Forum Supporter.

Phrag Memorial Dick Clements
Many perks!
<...more...>


Sponsor
 

Google


Fauna Top Sites
LOG IN/REGISTER TO CLOSE THIS ADVERTISEMENT
  #21  
Old 01-07-2011, 03:38 PM
RosieC RosieC is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Zone: 8a
Location: West Midlands, UK
Age: 47
Posts: 25,461
Default

Looks like mine will do two flowers at once by tommorow.

Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 2 Likes
Likes RJSquirrel, mujacko2002 liked this post
  #22  
Old 01-07-2011, 03:49 PM
IncredibleOrchids IncredibleOrchids is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Member of:AOS/NWOS
Location: Seattle, WA
Age: 40
Posts: 254
Default

Amazing color! Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Susie11 Susie11 is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: London
Age: 49
Posts: 682
Default

Hi RosieC. I have myself three new chids today! They are as follows; Mem. Dick Clements, Tall Tails and a Living Fire. When I placed my order on monday I asked for a Paul Eugene Conroy but for some reason ( I have now found out it was due to availablility) Living Fire turned up instead! Not complaining as it is ten pounds more expensive!! So I am really happy right now. The leaf span on my Dick Clements is only 12" so I just wonder if it is in fact flowering size as you said that yours was a lot more than that but they were sold to me as flowering sized plants so I'm sure that they are. Hope yours are doing o.k.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-07-2011, 11:50 AM
quiltingwacko quiltingwacko is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Zone: 7a
Location: Oregon
Posts: 928
Phrag Memorial Dick Clements Female
Default

Definitely keep that hubby Rosie! Carol
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-08-2011, 05:37 AM
RosieC RosieC is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Zone: 8a
Location: West Midlands, UK
Age: 47
Posts: 25,461
Default

Susie, did you get yours from Burnham. I have a Paul Eugene Conroy from them as well as this Mem. Dick Clements.

I think yours sounds large enough to flower. Mine seems to have some older fans which are smaller but have obviously flowered before I got it. The biggest fan was in flower when I started this thread, but it looks like it had flowered before.

Both my Phrags are in the midst of growing nicely just now. This one seems to grow slower than Paul Eugene Conroy but is still growing nicely.
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes Susie11 liked this post
  #26  
Old 09-08-2011, 05:59 AM
Susie11 Susie11 is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: London
Age: 49
Posts: 682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieC View Post
Susie, did you get yours from Burnham. I have a Paul Eugene Conroy from them as well as this Mem. Dick Clements.

I think yours sounds large enough to flower. Mine seems to have some older fans which are smaller but have obviously flowered before I got it. The biggest fan was in flower when I started this thread, but it looks like it had flowered before.

Both my Phrags are in the midst of growing nicely just now. This one seems to grow slower than Paul Eugene Conroy but is still growing nicely.
Hi Rosie,
No I got my Mont Fallu from Burnham but the MDC came from Easy Orchids. I am a bit sceptical about whether or not they are as described, ie Blooming size. I say this because the leaf size is only 12" and it only has one fan. Also I got some other ones from him (a Tall Tails - which arrived with a blasted leaf sheaf still attached to the crown) and a Living Fire in place of the originally ordered P.E.C. This Living Fire is small with about 4 leads though so I don't know if they are blooimg sized plants ot not. Anyway, I have still got one more on order from them to come and it is the Paul E.C when he gets some more in stock. I was looking at the Plested website last night and they have a beautiful Yellow Besseae for 30. I want .
Sue
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-08-2011, 06:06 AM
RosieC RosieC is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Zone: 8a
Location: West Midlands, UK
Age: 47
Posts: 25,461
Default

I've got a Leptotes and a tiny Masdie from Plested. They seem to have nice stuff although I've not tried mail order (bought from a show).

I've not tried Easy Orchids although they have some tempting stuff on their website.
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes Susie11 liked this post
  #28  
Old 09-08-2011, 06:14 AM
RJSquirrel's Avatar
RJSquirrel RJSquirrel is offline
Senior Member
Phrag Memorial Dick Clements
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Zone: 9b
Location: houston
Age: 64
Posts: 3,426
Default

nice flower rosie ...


mine died ...

I would like more phrags in my phrag tank
__________________
O.C.D. "Orchid Collecting Dysfunction"
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-08-2011, 06:54 AM
Susie11 Susie11 is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: London
Age: 49
Posts: 682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieC View Post
I've got a Leptotes and a tiny Masdie from Plested. They seem to have nice stuff although I've not tried mail order (bought from a show).

I've not tried Easy Orchids although they have some tempting stuff on their website.
Well I've only gone and done it! Ordered a Besseae var flavum from Plested. I couldn't resist it and it was a good price too, 30 plus 3 p&p. I know I can't really afford it but then who can? lol. I have now ordered from almost every supplier in england apart from Ratcliffe. They specialise in slippers and they have many different types available. Some of them are 250 though so I won't be getting any of them but they do have some for about 15. I want a Beauport next.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-08-2011, 07:28 AM
RosieC RosieC is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Zone: 8a
Location: West Midlands, UK
Age: 47
Posts: 25,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie11 View Post
Well I've only gone and done it! Ordered a Besseae var flavum from Plested. I couldn't resist it and it was a good price too, 30 plus 3 p&p. I know I can't really afford it but then who can? lol. I have now ordered from almost every supplier in england apart from Ratcliffe. They specialise in slippers and they have many different types available. Some of them are 250 though so I won't be getting any of them but they do have some for about 15. I want a Beauport next.
That's a good price. Plested had them up at 60 when I saw them at the show (although in-bloom probably pushes up the price). I bought this one from Burnham because all the other Besseae or Besseae hybrids were 60 or over and this one was only 30.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bought, clements, dick, hubby, phrag, memorial


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Phrag Memoria Dick Clements (made w/ besseae flavum) slipperfreak Cypripedium Alliance - others 8 10-22-2008 09:07 AM
Phrag Memoria Dick Clements slipperfreak Cypripedium Alliance - others 2 10-07-2008 12:06 AM
Phrag. Mem. Dick Clements vs Phrag Schlimii 'Wilcox' ladyslipper Cypripedium Alliance - others 8 10-01-2008 01:53 PM
Phrag Dick Clements BikerDoc5968 Cypripedium Alliance - others 3 03-03-2008 01:29 PM
Phrag Jason Fischer (besseae 'Ester Nies' x Mem Dick Clements 'Cardinale' L I Jane Cypripedium Alliance - others 7 07-23-2007 12:25 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 AM.

© 2007 OrchidBoard.com
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.37 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Clubs vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.