Time for 2013 Calendar contest.
We've learned quite a bit from last years contest. Although people liked the calendars, consensus was that the calendar was a bit too large and although it worked well as a wall calendar, many of you wanted to use it on your desks too for keeping track of appointments. This year we will make it smaller in size, like the calendars we did few years back through cafe press. The large size made it more expensive to ship too. We also ordered way too many, which majorly hurt OB funding. This year we will try to get things optimized a little better.
In addition a suggestion was made to offer advertising to vendors and businesses, so this year, we will try something new, a "flap" that will extend from the back cover, where businesses can place their logos. Space will be very limited and we may offer just a handful of these this year. These spots will be sold at first come basis
The blue spots, is where the ads will go, each ad will be 500x200 (at 200dpi) in size and costs $100 each. These can be purchased for a limited time here
We will continue the theme from last year, "AMAZING PHOTOS". OB is a general non specialized forum, so anything goes, with the exception of NOIDS.
2013 Calendar will consist of 13 images (1 cover and 12 for individual months). At my discretion and cost, we may have an image for back cover too.
All proceeds will go toward supporting OB.
Few images of the 2012 Calendar:
Each photo will be captioned with the scientific name of the orchid and the name/username of the person who took the photo.
Deadline: Sun August 5th 2012 at midnight **EXTENDED**
In addition to being featured in the calendar, the top 13 voted images will receive free copies of the calendar.
**UPDATED - now top 13 photos get a free calendar !!! **
Please email any calendar entries only to
. If you reply to my emails or send it elsewhere your photo probably will not make the list. There's a script running on the email@example.com
so use only that address for sending photos.
You may post a sized version (not larger then 640px in width) of your image in this thread for all to see. I will select the final choices and we will vote for the cover and the 12 images together. This is always very hard.
Don't forget #5 below!
1. Images must be submitted un-sized and at maximum available resolution. The requirements are
11.5 x 9 in. (trimmed on calendar to 11 x 8.5 in.) at 200dpi. This translates to an image 2300x1800 at 200dpi. In other words the bigger the better. (template here) If needed I will size the images, please don't do it yourself. Send the original files.
2. Orientation of the Image must be 'landscape'. Portrait entries will not be considered. (See example here)
3. Once you submit an image you give orchid board the right to manipulate it/size it/crop it and alter it in any way we want in order to use it, and also re-use the image at a later time in conjunction with other Orchid Board activities.
4. Submitted image must be your own work. Plant does not have to be from your own collection. Use of other or copyrighted material will result in immediate disqualification
5. When you submit the photos please be sure to include the following information.
Your Real Name:
Your OrchidBoard username:
6. **UPDATED** 2 photos per member. Select your best entries and do not send more then 2 images.
7. Please make sure the photos are free of any watermarks or text.
Have FUN & GOOD LUCK!
NOTE: Only 1 calendar per winner. In other words, If you manage to feature 2 photos in the calendar, you'll still receive only one calendar shipped to you.