We did a contest like this in Feb '07 and it was a great success. We've added a lot of useful information to the article section of OrchidBoard. About time we do this again.
Subject: Anything related to the Orchid Hobby
Submission: Any time before Sunday Dec 7th at midnight
(Extended by 1 week
So far we have one prize, but I'm sure more will follow (if you'd like to sponsor a prize, contact me)
1st Prize: Orchidwiz Software License
American Orchid Society 1 year membership
$75 Gift Certificat to AndysOrchids.com
Submit an article/story about any aspect of Orchid growing. Your article must be about something that the general orchid enthusiast will find useful. Minimum of 500 words (roughly one page typed), the use of pictures and illustrations is strongly encouraged. Use of proper grammar and spelling is a must. This must be your original work and submission of someone else's article from the net will result in your immediate disqualification and possibly ... loads of embarrassment. If you need help with resizing of images or format, let me know and I'll help you out.
Once you have an article with which you're satisfied, publish it by going to "Publish Article
" on the menu on the left.
suggest you write it completely on your computer then copy and paste with some edits. Please host any pictures used in the article in our gallery.
See a Mini HowTo on formatting your articles
Voting for best article will begin shortly after the deadline.
Have fun and Good luck!
Check this thread for updates.
1. Deadline Dec 7th, 2008 midnight
2. Recommended width of pictures inside the articles is 320px - of course, the smaller picture can be a hyperlink to a larger picture
3. This must be your own work. Use of other or copyright material will result in immediate disqualification
4. Since all submitted articles will be featured on the main page of OrchidBoard, Your article may be formatted after it is posted in order to make it look better. Content will not be altered.
5. If you submit more then 1 article, all articles will be considered for a prize, but you may only win once. Next prize goes to the runner up (not your 2nd or 3rd article). In other words, the more articles you write, the higher the chance of winning a prize.
Enough RULES, Have FUN & GOOD LUCK!
If you have any questions, reply to this thread.[/QUOTE]