12-14-2011, 10:48 PM
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Florida
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Nuts optional
- Butter a 9x9 inch dish.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, butter, milk, vanilla and salt in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Cook, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat and beat until mixture loses its gloss. Stir in chopped nuts and pour quickly into prepared pan.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
I have found that fudge should be made on days that are dry out. For some reason it dosen't do well on humid days.
---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------
Here's my favorite Peanut Butter Fudge recipe
3 cups Sugar
1 sm. can evaporated milk + water to make 11/2 Cups.
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. butter
12 oz. peanut butter
Put milk into a measuring cup and add water to make 11/2 cups. Using a heavy sauce pan add milk mixture and sugar on med/high heat and bring to a boil, continue to boil until thermometer reaches 235/240F. degrees. remove from heat and add vanilla, butter, and peanut butter. Stir until thickens and loses gloss. Spread into butter pan and let cool before cutting. Yum.
"Take only Photo's and Leave only footprints"
Last edited by flhiker; 12-14-2011 at 10:55 PM..