12-14-2011, 10:48 PM
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Florida
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Nuts optional
- Butter a 9x9 inch dish.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, butter, milk, vanilla and salt in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Cook, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat and beat until mixture loses its gloss. Stir in chopped nuts and pour quickly into prepared pan.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
I have found that fudge should be made on days that are dry out. For some reason it dosen't do well on humid days.
---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------
Here's my favorite Peanut Butter Fudge recipe
3 cups Sugar
1 sm. can evaporated milk + water to make 11/2 Cups.
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. butter
12 oz. peanut butter
Put milk into a measuring cup and add water to make 11/2 cups. Using a heavy sauce pan add milk mixture and sugar on med/high heat and bring to a boil, continue to boil until thermometer reaches 235/240F. degrees. remove from heat and add vanilla, butter, and peanut butter. Stir until thickens and loses gloss. Spread into butter pan and let cool before cutting. Yum.
Last edited by flhiker; 12-14-2011 at 10:55 PM..