Cattleya rex seedlings
Login
User Name
Password   


Registration is FREE. Click to become a member of OrchidBoard community
(You're NOT logged in)

menu menu

Sponsor
Donate Now
and become
Forum Supporter.

Cattleya rex seedlings
Many perks!
<...more...>


Sponsor
 

Google


Fauna Top Sites
LOG IN/REGISTER TO CLOSE THIS ADVERTISEMENT
  #101  
Old 05-25-2020, 08:29 PM
isurus79's Avatar
isurus79 isurus79 is offline
Senior Member
American Orchid Society Judge
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Zone: 8b
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 41
Posts: 8,776
Default

This is definitely one of my favorite OB threads. Long running!
__________________
Pics on Flickr

Instagram

YouTube
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 05-25-2020, 08:34 PM
My Green Pets's Avatar
My Green Pets My Green Pets is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Colorado
Age: 40
Posts: 2,243
Default

Right??!! Dude the smallest ones are STILL only a few inches tall!! This is going to go on forever!
__________________
William Green 💚 My Green Pets
InstagramYouTubeFacebookFlickr
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 05-25-2020, 10:38 PM
isurus79's Avatar
isurus79 isurus79 is offline
Senior Member
American Orchid Society Judge
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Zone: 8b
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 41
Posts: 8,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CambriaWhat View Post
Right??!! Dude the smallest ones are STILL only a few inches tall!! This is going to go on forever!
The smallest ones could be polyploid. Don’t toss em!
__________________
Pics on Flickr

Instagram

YouTube
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 05-26-2020, 02:20 AM
My Green Pets's Avatar
My Green Pets My Green Pets is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Colorado
Age: 40
Posts: 2,243
Default

Not a chance!
__________________
William Green 💚 My Green Pets
InstagramYouTubeFacebookFlickr
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes isurus79 liked this post
  #105  
Old 05-26-2020, 10:40 PM
farley101 farley101 is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2019
Zone: 4a
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 235
Cattleya rex seedlings Male
Default

Great thread, I'm just starting my journey with a flask of phal violaceas that I deflasked almost 2 weeks ago. Trying to not be the over doting parent but it's hard to resist!
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 05-28-2020, 05:24 AM
My Green Pets's Avatar
My Green Pets My Green Pets is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Colorado
Age: 40
Posts: 2,243
Default

Good luck! At least the Phals won't take so long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by farley101 View Post
Great thread, I'm just starting my journey with a flask of phal violaceas that I deflasked almost 2 weeks ago. Trying to not be the over doting parent but it's hard to resist!
__________________
William Green 💚 My Green Pets
InstagramYouTubeFacebookFlickr
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 07-19-2020, 05:01 AM
My Green Pets's Avatar
My Green Pets My Green Pets is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Colorado
Age: 40
Posts: 2,243
Default

This year's blooms. The two that bloomed last year did not bloom this year—I made some repotting mistakes and set them both back big time. However one of them did carry a seed pod that split recently! So it got sent off to make flasks!

The flowers this year are the 3rd and 4th plants to bloom from this bunch. Number 4 is particularly special because it was glued to a piece of bark shortly after deflasking, and there it has stayed and grown steadily for the past 6 years. It is now the biggest of all of them. Definitely makes a good case for minimizing root disturbance.

Enjoy!













__________________
William Green 💚 My Green Pets
InstagramYouTubeFacebookFlickr
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 4 Likes
Likes dinvy, SaraJean, MJG, estación seca liked this post
  #108  
Old 07-19-2020, 05:55 PM
isurus79's Avatar
isurus79 isurus79 is offline
Senior Member
American Orchid Society Judge
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Zone: 8b
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 41
Posts: 8,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Green Pets View Post
This year's blooms. The two that bloomed last year did not bloom this year—I made some repotting mistakes and set them both back big time. However one of them did carry a seed pod that split recently! So it got sent off to make flasks!

The flowers this year are the 3rd and 4th plants to bloom from this bunch. Number 4 is particularly special because it was glued to a piece of bark shortly after deflasking, and there it has stayed and grown steadily for the past 6 years. It is now the biggest of all of them. Definitely makes a good case for minimizing root disturbance.

Enjoy!













I love it!
__________________
Pics on Flickr

Instagram

YouTube
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 07-22-2020, 03:41 PM
SaraJean's Avatar
SaraJean SaraJean is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2015
Zone: 9b
Location: New Orleans
Age: 38
Posts: 1,048
Cattleya rex seedlings Female
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isurus79 View Post
This is definitely one of my favorite OB threads. Long running!
Definitely!



And those are absolutely marvelous. What a joy to raise them up for so long and have them bloom so nicely
__________________


Instagram: @orchids_and_alcohol
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 07-22-2020, 10:34 PM
My Green Pets's Avatar
My Green Pets My Green Pets is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Colorado
Age: 40
Posts: 2,243
Default

Thank you! I'm hooked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJean View Post
Definitely!



And those are absolutely marvelous. What a joy to raise them up for so long and have them bloom so nicely
__________________
William Green 💚 My Green Pets
InstagramYouTubeFacebookFlickr
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
aquarium, humidity, plastic, rinsed, seedlings, rex, cattleya


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Have you EVER seen orchid list like this??? TOMMYMIAMI Greenhouse Gardening 28 04-06-2014 03:47 PM
Business Troubles?! Franco24 Orchid Lounge 16 02-02-2013 10:42 AM
FLORIDA ORCHID VENDORS; Plz add on if you know more here! Jkelee Vendor Feedback 50 05-21-2010 08:07 AM
Cattleya species seedlings for sale Royal Propagation 0 10-15-2009 10:51 AM
Seldom seen Cattleya kerrii Rosim_in_BR Cattleya Alliance 16 02-02-2009 12:56 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 AM.

© 2007 OrchidBoard.com
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.37 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Clubs vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.